Codoforum related discussions
Single Sign On accross different database

Hello Everyone ! I am having a hard time integrating codoforum with my existing Python based web framework. I have codoforum hosted on different server than my python site. I have tried the sso plugin and codofoum-sso example on github but I think I wont be able to get the logged in user using that.

A work around that I am thinking of (Even though might be a bad practice) is to automatically register a user on codoforum when he registers on my python site.

I was trying to figure out how to make an http post request to index page with appropriate parameters to register a user. and same for login page. I tried taking id's of form fields and posting them but it dint work.

Thanks , for you time

Hello Everyone ! I am having a hard time integrating codoforum with my existing Python based web framework. I have codoforum hosted on different server than my python site. I have tried the sso plugin and codofoum-sso example on github but I think I wont be able to get the logged in user using that. A work around that I am thinking of (Even though might be a bad practice) is to automatically register a user on codoforum when he registers on my python site. I was trying to figure out how to make an http post request to index page with appropriate parameters to register a user. and same for login page. I tried taking id's of form fields and posting them but it dint work. Thanks , for you time
edited Mar 29 '16 at 6:09 am

A work around that I am thinking of (Even though might be a bad practice) is to automatically register a user on codoforum when he registers on my python site.

That is what codoforum already does. When you login as a new user from your python site, they will be registered in codoforum,

You only have to setup the sso properly.

Can you tell us what changes have you done in the sso files from github ?

And post a screenshot of the sso plugin settings page in codoforum backend

>A work around that I am thinking of (Even though might be a bad practice) is to automatically register a user on codoforum when he registers on my python site. That is what codoforum already does. When you login as a new user from your python site, they will be registered in codoforum, You only have to setup the sso properly. Can you tell us what changes have you done in the sso files from github ? And post a screenshot of the sso plugin settings page in codoforum backend
171
1
2
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft