Codoforum related discussions
Forum platforms

Hi,

I am looking for a platform to start an online forum. Some of my main requirements are reliable, secure, scalable and mobile friendly.

In my research I found codoforum which I see asa great looking, friendly and modern solution. I really would like to go with it.

However, I have some conserns after playing with it and reading the posts here.

  1. When is the next release scheduled for? I have noticed that it has been a while since the last one. Is there a reason for this? What would a regular schedule calendar look like?

  2. I saw horrible stories about automatic spam filter impacting the normal usage of the product by end-users. Is the issue solved in the current version? I have hosted it locally and the "spamdetector" backend section is empty ... is this expected behaviour?

  3. Are there any known issues of the product and how are they addressed in short and long term?

Thank you for commenting the above mentioned.

Cheers!

Hi, I am looking for a platform to start an online forum. Some of my main requirements are reliable, secure, scalable and mobile friendly. In my research I found codoforum which I see asa great looking, friendly and modern solution. I really would like to go with it. However, I have some conserns after playing with it and reading the posts here. 1. When is the next release scheduled for? I have noticed that it has been a while since the last one. Is there a reason for this? What would a regular schedule calendar look like? 2. I saw horrible stories about automatic spam filter impacting the normal usage of the product by end-users. Is the issue solved in the current version? I have hosted it locally and the "spamdetector" backend section is empty ... is this expected behaviour? 3. Are there any known issues of the product and how are they addressed in short and long term? Thank you for commenting the above mentioned. Cheers!

Hi,

When is the next release scheduled for? I have noticed that it has been a while since the last one. Is there a reason for this? What would a regular schedule calendar look like?

Yes, its been a while.
We have been busy with some other development.
The next version should be released by the end of this month.

I saw horrible stories about automatic spam filter impacting the normal usage of the product by end-users. Is the issue solved in the current version? I have hosted it locally and the "spamdetector" backend section is empty ... is this expected behaviour?

The automatic spam detection is disabled by default.
We are still improving it, we recommend to enable it only for testing.

Are there any known issues of the product and how are they addressed in short and long term?

There are no issues except for some integration problems, but yes, there are many features yet to be implemented. You can check our roadmap for them.

Hi, >When is the next release scheduled for? I have noticed that it has been a while since the last one. Is there a reason for this? What would a regular schedule calendar look like? Yes, its been a while. We have been busy with some other development. The next version should be released by the end of this month. >I saw horrible stories about automatic spam filter impacting the normal usage of the product by end-users. Is the issue solved in the current version? I have hosted it locally and the "spamdetector" backend section is empty ... is this expected behaviour? The automatic spam detection is disabled by default. We are still improving it, we recommend to enable it only for testing. >Are there any known issues of the product and how are they addressed in short and long term? There are no issues except for some integration problems, but yes, there are many features yet to be implemented. You can check our roadmap for them.

Hi @adesh1414127033 ,

Thanks for your answer. I am sure you are busy with the development of the software. Just wanted to check whether with the new version you are referring to we can expect the spam filter to be ready for use or it will take more time and will be part of future releases?

Thanks once again, I believe you have created a great software and I am sure it will have a bright future!

Cheers!

Hi @adesh1414127033 , Thanks for your answer. I am sure you are busy with the development of the software. Just wanted to check whether with the new version you are referring to we can expect the spam filter to be ready for use or it will take more time and will be part of future releases? Thanks once again, I believe you have created a great software and I am sure it will have a bright future! Cheers!

Hi @adesh1414127033 ...

Just wanted to check whether with the new version you are referring to we can expect the spam filter to be ready for use or it will take more time and will be part of future releases?

No answer?

>Hi @adesh1414127033 ... >Just wanted to check whether with the new version you are referring to we can expect the spam filter to be ready for use or it will take more time and will be part of future releases? No answer?

Hi,

No, its better to keep it disabled.
It works on machine learning and will take a while to reach perfection.

Hi, No, its better to keep it disabled. It works on machine learning and will take a while to reach perfection.
196
5
2
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft