Codoforum related discussions
mail problems

I need some help in NOOB language please, with how to set my mail config for my Forum.
When I use mail() , then it works but the sender is admin@codologic.com
How can I change this?

When I use SMTP and use my Gmail account, thigs are not being sent and I get a message from Google that someone (my host in France) knows my pasword!

How do I get the right info for my settings?

thank you so much

I need some help in NOOB language please, with how to set my mail config for my Forum. When I use mail() , then it works but the sender is admin@codologic.com How can I change this? When I use SMTP and use my Gmail account, thigs are not being sent and I get a message from Google that someone (my host in France) knows my pasword! How do I get the right info for my settings? thank you so much

Hi,

Go to admin -> Global settings, and edit Admin email and set it to the email id you want.

In SMTP setup, do you get any errors when you register a use and click on the link 'resend confirmation link' in user's profile ?

Hi, Go to admin -> Global settings, and edit Admin email and set it to the email id you want. In SMTP setup, do you get any errors when you register a use and click on the link 'resend confirmation link' in user's profile ?
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

Sorry for late response.
Using mail() works a bit...
When registering a new user the user gets two identical (actually 1 1/2) mails to confirm registration.
Also there is a warning included as that this email may not be sent by me. (the admin)
The smtp gives a warning from Google where they blocked the email.

Sorry for late response. Using mail() works a bit... When registering a new user the user gets two identical (actually 1 1/2) mails to confirm registration. Also there is a warning included as that this email may not be sent by me. (the admin) The smtp gives a warning from Google where they blocked the email.

Check the STMP section on your server there must be something wrong there. Also check the mail section of your folders via FTP or FileZilla. Have you added or taken something away from the default HTML/CSS or Js/Query?

Check the STMP section on your server there must be something wrong there. Also check the mail section of your folders via FTP or FileZilla. Have you added or taken something away from the default HTML/CSS or Js/Query?

Check out my Forum made by Codoforum! fishcraft.co.nf/Forum Happy user of the codoforum community :) - Nathan

Thank you,
No changes were made, but I found that I have to apply with my host for the use of their smtp server, which I might do.
Indeed I had the wrong email address for admin still in my settings after I did a new install.
But although the mailing works the receiver gets the same mail twice. where the second mail shows only a part of the first mail.
I will try to reproduce this again and will spend some more time to get it right.

Thank you, No changes were made, but I found that I have to apply with my host for the use of their smtp server, which I might do. Indeed I had the wrong email address for admin still in my settings after I did a new install. But although the mailing works the receiver gets the same mail twice. where the second mail shows only a part of the first mail. I will try to reproduce this again and will spend some more time to get it right.
234
4
4
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft