FreiChat related discussions
Mybb user integration help

Hey there! I"m in the process of starting a mybb forum, and was looking for a good chat system and freichat seemed like the best option. I managed to install it and get it working however I'm having a little trouble with the user integration method. (and btw I understand that there's already a thread like this but it really didn't have n answer and I couldn't find anything else, so I hope I"m not spamming or anything xP)

My issue is that the article in the documentation section provides different coding then the "example code" that I"m supposed to modify and I'm not sure which one to use? I assume that when it means the user id it means the id of the user I intend to login with but when I put it in as sess=1 (which is the uid) it says it doesn't recognize it. Also I tink I'm doing something wrong because I usually get an error that says that there's an unexpected code ending.

Anyway I'd love to get this working because using the user integration is a lot more secure and safety for my users is really important..

ANyway thanks in advance for any help I really appreciate it.... if you need any screen shots of what's going on I'll be happy to provide. ^^

Hey there! I"m in the process of starting a mybb forum, and was looking for a good chat system and freichat seemed like the best option. I managed to install it and get it working however I'm having a little trouble with the user integration method. (and btw I understand that there's already a thread like this but it really didn't have n answer and I couldn't find anything else, so I hope I"m not spamming or anything xP) My issue is that the article in the documentation section provides different coding then the "example code" that I"m supposed to modify and I'm not sure which one to use? I assume that when it means the user id it means the id of the user I intend to login with but when I put it in as sess=1 (which is the uid) it says it doesn't recognize it. Also I tink I'm doing something wrong because I usually get an error that says that there's an unexpected code ending. Anyway I'd love to get this working because using the user integration is a lot more secure and safety for my users is really important.. ANyway thanks in advance for any help I really appreciate it.... if you need any screen shots of what's going on I'll be happy to provide. ^^
215
0
1
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft