Codoforum related discussions
Fresh Install - Unable to require /codoforum/sys//JsonSerializable.php

PHP 5.3.10
MySQL 5.5.29

Brand new install.

I ran the installation and the error
"Unable to require /codoforum/sys//JsonSerializable.php" came up.

From what I understand from running searches that this error relates to the incorrect version of PHP. I double checked and the requirements for codoforum are PHP 5.3 which I have.

What could be causing this error?

Also, proof that codoforum install requirements say PHP 5.3
https://codoforum.com/documentation/installation

PHP 5.3.10 MySQL 5.5.29 Brand new install. I ran the installation and the error "Unable to require /codoforum/sys//JsonSerializable.php" came up. From what I understand from running searches that this error relates to the incorrect version of PHP. I double checked and the requirements for codoforum are PHP 5.3 which I have. What could be causing this error? Also, proof that codoforum install requirements say PHP 5.3 https://codoforum.com/documentation/installation
edited Apr 19 '15 at 5:58 am

Hi,

The documentation is not updated.

Codoforum requires at least PHP 5.4

Hi, The documentation is not updated. Codoforum requires at least PHP 5.4

Please update the document. I've got the same issue when I were trying to install codoforum the first time.

Please update the document. I've got the same issue when I were trying to install codoforum the first time.
NguoiAnPhu.com Powered by Codoforum 4.3 (https://github.com/nguoianphu/codoforums-vietnam).

@adesh It would be really handy to update it as this lead to three days of me trying to figure out what's wrong.

Documentation should be always up to date, especially on something as simple as requirements, because it would help people troubleshoot their own issues.If I

@adesh It would be really handy to update it as this lead to three days of me trying to figure out what's wrong. Documentation should be always up to date, especially on something as simple as requirements, because it would help people troubleshoot their own issues.If I

I wanted to post an update to this to show why having up to date documentation is important...

I have been on the phone with my hosting company. They looked up the forum I wanted to install, documentation for Codoforum says 5.3. This makes them not willing to upgrade.

I had to explain to them that I have posted here about the error I'm getting and that I'm being told it's because I need PHP 5.4 and that essentially the requirements document isn't up to date.

If by the end of the phone call I'm on they haven't decided to upgrade, I will probably just go with another forum package which is unfortunate seeing as Codoforum is one of the more visually appealing ones right now and mobile friendly.

I wanted to post an update to this to show why having up to date documentation is important... I have been on the phone with my hosting company. They looked up the forum I wanted to install, documentation for Codoforum says 5.3. This makes them not willing to upgrade. I had to explain to them that I have posted here about the error I'm getting and that I'm being told it's because I need PHP 5.4 and that essentially the requirements document isn't up to date. If by the end of the phone call I'm on they haven't decided to upgrade, I will probably just go with another forum package which is unfortunate seeing as Codoforum is one of the more visually appealing ones right now and mobile friendly.

This happened to me while installing. You have to have PHP 5.5 in order for it to work.

This happened to me while installing. You have to have PHP 5.5 in order for it to work.

@GeekyLass I 've asked my hosting provider and they helped me without any question! You're a customer, how on the earth your hosting did that? smile

@GeekyLass I 've asked my hosting provider and they helped me without any question! You're a customer, how on the earth your hosting did that? x(
NguoiAnPhu.com Powered by Codoforum 4.3 (https://github.com/nguoianphu/codoforums-vietnam).

@nguoianphu
For Cpanel:

  1. Scroll down to the section Software/Services
  2. Click on the option "PHP Selector"
  3. In there, click on the Public_Html
  4. There will be a dropdown and select the PHP Version (5.5) and click submit.

That Should Work!

@nguoianphu For Cpanel: 1. Scroll down to the section Software/Services 2. Click on the option "PHP Selector" 3. In there, click on the Public_Html 4. There will be a dropdown and select the PHP Version (5.5) and click submit. That Should Work!

Took forever but the forum is finally installed after the hosting company upgraded PHP to 5.4 across the board on their end. >_>

Anyway, yay forum...

Took forever but the forum is finally installed after the hosting company upgraded PHP to 5.4 across the board on their end. >_> Anyway, yay forum...
1.34k
9
3
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft