Codoforum related discussions
SpamFilter: Can't create a topic

Just updated to the newest version and now I have this problem:

When I try to create a new topic, I get an alert with the following:

<br />
<b>Fatal error</b>:  Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'b8_storage_base: The connected database is not a b8 v3 database.' in /var/www/home/hosting_stolzen/projects/datatalks/htdocs/sys/Ext/b8/storage/storage_base.php:57
Stack trace:
#0 /var/www/home/hosting_stolzen/projects/datatalks/htdocs/sys/Ext/b8/storage/storage_mysqli.php(128): b8_storage_base-&gt;check_database()
#1 /var/www/home/hosting_stolzen/projects/datatalks/htdocs/sys/Ext/b8/b8.php(136): b8_storage_mysqli-&gt;__construct(Array, Object(b8_degenerator_default))
#2 /var/www/home/hosting_stolzen/projects/datatalks/htdocs/sys/CODOF/SpamFilter.php(45): b8-&gt;__construct(Array, Array, Array, Array)
#3 /var/www/home/hosting_stolzen/projects/datatalks/htdocs/sys/Controller/Ajax/forum/topic.php(260): CODOF\SpamFilter-&gt;__construct()
#4 /var/www/home/hosting_stolzen/projects/datatalks/htdocs/routes.php(171): Controller\Ajax\forum\topic-&gt;create()
#5 [internal function]: {closure}()
#6 /var/www/home/hosting_stolzen/projects/datatalks/htdocs/sys/Ext/limonade/limonade.php(429): c in <b>/var/www/home/hosting_stolzen/projects/datatalks/htdocs/sys/Ext/b8/storage/storage_base.php</b> on line <b>57</b><br />

I tried to google the exception message, but no luck. What can I do to fix it?

Thanks

Just updated to the newest version and now I have this problem: When I try to create a new topic, I get an alert with the following: ``` &amp;lt;br /&amp;gt; &amp;lt;b&amp;gt;Fatal error&amp;lt;/b&amp;gt;: Uncaught exception &#039;Exception&#039; with message &#039;b8_storage_base: The connected database is not a b8 v3 database.&#039; in /var/www/home/hosting_stolzen/projects/datatalks/htdocs/sys/Ext/b8/storage/storage_base.php:57 Stack trace: #0 /var/www/home/hosting_stolzen/projects/datatalks/htdocs/sys/Ext/b8/storage/storage_mysqli.php(128): b8_storage_base-&amp;amp;gt;check_database() #1 /var/www/home/hosting_stolzen/projects/datatalks/htdocs/sys/Ext/b8/b8.php(136): b8_storage_mysqli-&amp;amp;gt;__construct(Array, Object(b8_degenerator_default)) #2 /var/www/home/hosting_stolzen/projects/datatalks/htdocs/sys/CODOF/SpamFilter.php(45): b8-&amp;amp;gt;__construct(Array, Array, Array, Array) #3 /var/www/home/hosting_stolzen/projects/datatalks/htdocs/sys/Controller/Ajax/forum/topic.php(260): CODOF\SpamFilter-&amp;amp;gt;__construct() #4 /var/www/home/hosting_stolzen/projects/datatalks/htdocs/routes.php(171): Controller\Ajax\forum\topic-&amp;amp;gt;create() #5 [internal function]: {closure}() #6 /var/www/home/hosting_stolzen/projects/datatalks/htdocs/sys/Ext/limonade/limonade.php(429): c in &amp;lt;b&amp;gt;/var/www/home/hosting_stolzen/projects/datatalks/htdocs/sys/Ext/b8/storage/storage_base.php&amp;lt;/b&amp;gt; on line &amp;lt;b&amp;gt;57&amp;lt;/b&amp;gt;&amp;lt;br /&amp;gt; ``` I tried to google the exception message, but no luck. What can I do to fix it? Thanks
edited Mar 17 '15 at 8:29 pm

It's the SpamFilter class. I temporarily fixed it by commenting out some code in topic.php: lines 140-145, 260-265 and 426-437.

Waiting for the permanent fix.

Anyway maybe enabling spam filter should be configurable from the admin panel?

It&#039;s the SpamFilter class. I temporarily fixed it by commenting out some code in `topic.php`: lines 140-145, 260-265 and 426-437. Waiting for the permanent fix. Anyway maybe enabling spam filter should be configurable from the admin panel?

Hi,

We will have to investigate more about this problem.

We will let you know soon.

Hi, We will have to investigate more about this problem. We will let you know soon.

Could the spam detector be optional? I mean, like a plugin or something that I could turn off in the config? I don't get spam at the moment, so I only get false positives that I have to manually approve and it irritates the users.

For now I just again commented out the parts of code where a post is checked for spam, so it's always $needsModeration = false;

Could the spam detector be optional? I mean, like a plugin or something that I could turn off in the config? I don&#039;t get spam at the moment, so I only get false positives that I have to manually approve and it irritates the users. For now I just again commented out the parts of code where a post is checked for spam, so it&#039;s always `$needsModeration = false;`

Another thought: it would also be nice to make the classification threshold configurable. Now it's 0.5, but, say, I want it to be 0.3. It's nicer if it's in the config, but not in the spam classifier class

Another thought: it would also be nice to make the classification threshold configurable. Now it&#039;s 0.5, but, say, I want it to be 0.3. It&#039;s nicer if it&#039;s in the config, but not in the spam classifier class

Hi,

We will be adding all the configurable options in the backend soon.
We are also planning to add stopforumspam integration and spam protection with topic flood
control.

Everything will be in a separate section called spam control.

Hi, We will be adding all the configurable options in the backend soon. We are also planning to add stopforumspam integration and spam protection with topic flood control. Everything will be in a separate section called spam control.
371
7
3
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft