Codoforum related discussions
Update rewrites configuration

I tried to update to the newest version today. I didn't seem to complete successfully (as you can see in another post here), but the codebase did get updated.

What I noticed

  • I had localization configured for Russian. Now it's rewritten the configuration and it shows English
  • The social login stopped working. I tried to log in with Google, it wasn't successful. Here's what Google says now:

Error: redirect_uri_mismatch

Application: Project Default Service Account

You can email the developer of this application at: evnix.com@gmail.com

The redirect URI in the request: http://datatalks.ru/index.php?u=/uni_login/authorize&hauth.done=Google did not match a registered redirect URI.

Learn more
Request Details

scope=https://www.googleapis.com/auth/userinfo.profile https://www.googleapis.com/auth/userinfo.email https://www.google.com/m8/feeds/
response_type=code
access_type=offline
redirect_uri=http://datatalks.ru/index.php?u=/uni_login/authorize&hauth.done=Google
client_id=918849199311-hpcbss880md4ghttbnarpvdmabcfo68q.apps.googleuserc

I'm assuming the plugin configuration has also been rewritten

I tried to update to the newest version today. I didn't seem to complete successfully (as you can see in another post here), but the codebase did get updated. What I noticed - I had localization configured for Russian. Now it's rewritten the configuration and it shows English - The social login stopped working. I tried to log in with Google, it wasn't successful. Here's what Google says now: > Error: redirect_uri_mismatch > Application: Project Default Service Account > You can email the developer of this application at: evnix.com@gmail.com > The redirect URI in the request: http://datatalks.ru/index.php?u=/uni_login/authorize&hauth.done=Google did not match a registered redirect URI. > Learn more > Request Details > scope=https://www.googleapis.com/auth/userinfo.profile https://www.googleapis.com/auth/userinfo.email https://www.google.com/m8/feeds/ response_type=code access_type=offline redirect_uri=http://datatalks.ru/index.php?u=/uni_login/authorize&hauth.done=Google client_id=918849199311-hpcbss880md4ghttbnarpvdmabcfo68q.apps.googleuserc I'm assuming the plugin configuration has also been rewritten
edited Mar 10 '15 at 8:49 am

So the uni_login plugin issue is fixed by changing the configuration of hybridauth in /sys/Ext/hybridauth/config.php

Same with locale: I had to manually edit /sites/default/constants.php

So the uni_login plugin issue is fixed by changing the configuration of hybridauth in `/sys/Ext/hybridauth/config.php` Same with locale: I had to manually edit `/sites/default/constants.php`

The automatic update rewrites the english package because there are some addings to it possibly. Just upload your russian file over it and when you notice english words, just add them to your file.

The uni_login thing also rewrites itself, you need to add the codes into it again, just take your old files next to the new and edit what you edited before.

It would be nice if the update rewrote only the files that were affected by the update....

Updating takes some time, and with modified forums it is not recommended to auto upgrade. Better ask (again?) for a roadmap, and file changes list, and add them one by one.

How do you deal with changes in SQL schema? By applying the changes yourself?

>The automatic update rewrites the english package because there are some addings to it possibly. Just upload your russian file over it and when you notice english words, just add them to your file. >The uni_login thing also rewrites itself, you need to add the codes into it again, just take your old files next to the new and edit what you edited before. It would be nice if the update rewrote only the files that were affected by the update.... >Updating takes some time, and with modified forums it is not recommended to auto upgrade. Better ask (again?) for a roadmap, and file changes list, and add them one by one. How do you deal with changes in SQL schema? By applying the changes yourself?

Updating takes some time, and with modified forums it is not recommended to auto upgrade. Better ask (again?) for a roadmap, and file changes list, and add them one by one.

And, by the way, how do you do it? Download the newest version and then manually replace only files with the changes you need?

>Updating takes some time, and with modified forums it is not recommended to auto upgrade. Better ask (again?) for a roadmap, and file changes list, and add them one by one. And, by the way, how do you do it? Download the newest version and then manually replace only files with the changes you need?

But can you tell us, is your forum upgraded to 3.2 or not?

I don't know: the update didn't finish successfully because I had some SQL constraint issues. I'm assuming it's partly 3.2 because I can see new things on the forum, so the code must be 3.2, but the SQL schema might still be the old one.

>But can you tell us, is your forum upgraded to 3.2 or not? I don't know: the update didn't finish successfully because I had some SQL constraint issues. I'm assuming it's partly 3.2 because I can see new things on the forum, so the code must be 3.2, but the SQL schema might still be the old one.

Great to know, thanks!

I was wondering what version control system is used for developing codoforum? If git, it should be able to create patches between two commits (i.e. two releases), so the users (we) could just apply the changes without worrying that it will overwrite configuration files.

Something similar to this could also potentially be included into the auto-upgrader - that would be a really nice feature.

Great to know, thanks! I was wondering what version control system is used for developing codoforum? If git, it should be able to create patches between two commits (i.e. two releases), so the users (we) could just apply the changes without worrying that it will overwrite configuration files. Something similar to this could also potentially be included into the auto-upgrader - that would be a really nice feature.

It would be nicer @adesh or @avinash always make another download to only upgrade from version to version like 3.0 to 3.1 and 3.1 to 3.2, then only the added en modified files in there and the mysql addings/mofifieds.

Even, we are concerned with the problematic upgrade process.

But, we are constantly trying to improve it.
So, as of now, the problem is that the configurations are getting rewritten; we will think about something for that.

>It would be nicer @adesh or @avinash always make another download to only upgrade from version to version like 3.0 to 3.1 and 3.1 to 3.2, then only the added en modified files in there and the mysql addings/mofifieds. Even, we are concerned with the problematic upgrade process. But, we are constantly trying to improve it. So, as of now, the problem is that the configurations are getting rewritten; we will think about something for that.

But, we are constantly trying to improve it.
So, as of now, the problem is that the configurations are getting rewritten; we will think about something for that.

Here's my workaround:

I set up a git repository both locally and on the server. When there's an update, I do the automatic update locally and see what files are modified, and then commit only changes I need (i.e. excluding configs, etc)

On the server I just do git pull and that's it. The only thing I don't do yet is database migrations, but on the last update there was nothing serious, so it's fine. There are scripts that do migrations and I potentially can run then on the server to get the schema updated. Or see the SQL code there in these scripts and run them manually...

Perhaps the codoforum developers might suggest other options?

>But, we are constantly trying to improve it. >So, as of now, the problem is that the configurations are getting rewritten; we will think about something for that. Here's my workaround: I set up a git repository both locally and on the server. When there's an update, I do the automatic update locally and see what files are modified, and then commit only changes I need (i.e. excluding configs, etc) On the server I just do git pull and that's it. The only thing I don't do yet is database migrations, but on the last update there was nothing serious, so it's fine. There are scripts that do migrations and I potentially can run then on the server to get the schema updated. Or see the SQL code there in these scripts and run them manually... Perhaps the codoforum developers might suggest other options?
340
7
2
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft