FreiChat related discussions
Huge server traffic

Hi

I use Freichat Basic version on Joomla 2.5.28 since Nov. 2015. It seems that when it's activated it creates huge traffic on the server. For example the normal traffic of the site is around 1Mb and with Freichat is increased to 30-40Mb.
I have set it up to be visible only to Registered users which means around 300 max at a given time which is not a big number I guess.
How can I find what the problem is?
Thanks

Hi I use Freichat Basic version on Joomla 2.5.28 since Nov. 2015. It seems that when it's activated it creates huge traffic on the server. For example the normal traffic of the site is around 1Mb and with Freichat is increased to 30-40Mb. I have set it up to be visible only to Registered users which means around 300 max at a given time which is not a big number I guess. How can I find what the problem is? Thanks

Hi,

Go to freichat backend -> server side . Then set polling to comet mode.
That should fix your problem.

Hi, Go to freichat backend -> server side . Then set polling to comet mode. That should fix your problem.

Hi

I did it. It reduced but now I get "Too many connections".
I have put it in Comet mode with 30 seconds polling time, chat speed to 5 seconds and time interval between messages to 2 seconds.
I can see that I have 150+ online users.
What i have to do now?
Thanks

Hi I did it. It reduced but now I get "Too many connections". I have put it in Comet mode with 30 seconds polling time, chat speed to 5 seconds and time interval between messages to 2 seconds. I can see that I have 150+ online users. What i have to do now? Thanks
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft