News and Announcements
^All Topics, wanting to create another topic category

Okay so on the left side of the page, you can see....

^All Topics

• Announcements & News
  • Other Category here
  • Blah

I want to be able to make more topics like this
eg:

^Topic 1
-blah
-blah

^Topic 2
-blah
-blah

^Topic 3
-blah
-blah

Anyone got any ideas on how to do this, sorry I am very new to forum development, but I need one setup for my community.

Okay so on the left side of the page, you can see.... ^All Topics - Announcements & News - Other Category here - Blah I want to be able to make more topics like this eg: ^Topic 1 -blah -blah ^Topic 2 -blah -blah ^Topic 3 -blah -blah Anyone got any ideas on how to do this, sorry I am very new to forum development, but I need one setup for my community.

Just add an block under the all topics part in the backend:

UI Elements > Blocks > Add Block > Region > Block_catgory_list_after

Or do you mean you want to show the latest topics/reactions under there? I'm working on something what do just that but it seems to be a little bit too difficult for me and takes more time i have.

Just add an block under the all topics part in the backend: UI Elements > Blocks > Add Block > Region > Block_catgory_list_after Or do you mean you want to show the latest topics/reactions under there? I'm working on something what do just that but it seems to be a little bit too difficult for me and takes more time i have.
edited Mar 18 '15 at 10:44 am

Like.....
have more topics for categories

topic 1
...catagory 1
...catagory 2

topic 2
...catagory 1
...catagory 2

and have them both be able to be dropped down hidden like the top one is as default

Like..... have more topics for categories topic 1 ...catagory 1 ...catagory 2 topic 2 ...catagory 1 ...catagory 2 and have them both be able to be dropped down hidden like the top one is as default

You need to build that into the core, it is not a standard feature of codoforum. And, if you build it yourself you should do it everytime you update.

I do get wat you mean there,

^General (instead of all topics)
Cat
Cat 1
Cat 2
Cat 3

^Cars
Cat 4
Cat 5
Cat 6.

^Motorcycles
Cat 7
Cat 8
Cat 9
Cat 10

^Off topic
Cat 11
Cat 12

Etc.

It is an sort of parent categories, but then parents of parents. Maybe it is something worth to take a look at for the devs, in the backend an option to create a second or thirth "category" block. @admin

But, it should slide into eachother to 1 parent parent category, on mobile devices because otherwise the list is becoming too long if you enabled this in the backend.

You need to build that into the core, it is not a standard feature of codoforum. And, if you build it yourself you should do it everytime you update. I do get wat you mean there, Like ^General (instead of all topics) Cat Cat 1 Cat 2 Cat 3 ^Cars Cat 4 Cat 5 Cat 6. ^Motorcycles Cat 7 Cat 8 Cat 9 Cat 10 ^Off topic Cat 11 Cat 12 Etc. It is an sort of parent categories, but then parents of parents. Maybe it is something worth to take a look at for the devs, in the backend an option to create a second or thirth "category" block. @admin But, it should slide into eachother to 1 parent parent category, on mobile devices because otherwise the list is becoming too long if you enabled this in the backend.
edited Mar 18 '15 at 11:26 am

Yeah because I need multiple topic's for various categories.

Yeah because I need multiple topic's for various categories.

I like the idea, but it is not something what could be done in one or two simple movements.

We mentioned admin already in this topic so as an feature request, in the future and maybe on long term (as the todo list is already exploding right now), this will be an great option! Then you get some more original forum feelings, but as i said, this should be as an option because not everyone would like it!

Very nice, maybe this topic could be moved to suggestion box?

Greets.

I like the idea, but it is not something what could be done in one or two simple movements. We mentioned admin already in this topic so as an feature request, in the future and maybe on long term (as the todo list is already exploding right now), this will be an great option! Then you get some more original forum feelings, but as i said, this should be as an option because not everyone would like it! Very nice, maybe this topic could be moved to suggestion box? Greets.

Yeah indeed, id believe the multi-topics for catagories should be editable for more or less, incase you don't even want the feature at all, will be interesting none the less.

Yeah indeed, id believe the multi-topics for catagories should be editable for more or less, incase you don't even want the feature at all, will be interesting none the less.

Yes, i think its very interesting. Just a duplicate of the All Topics box, with a other name and other categories.

>Yeah indeed, id believe the multi-topics for catagories should be editable for more or less, incase you don't even want the feature at all, will be interesting none the less. Yes, i think its very interesting. Just a duplicate of the All Topics box, with a other name and other categories.

Yeah cause that way you can close multiple places eg:

^Scripters Lounge

• Noted ideas
  • General scripter Chat

^Server Information

• rules
  • new connection settings
  • changelog

say you wanted to just show Server information, you would be able to click the arrow to hide the scripters lounge smile

Yeah cause that way you can close multiple places eg: ^Scripters Lounge - Noted ideas - General scripter Chat ^Server Information - rules - new connection settings - changelog say you wanted to just show Server information, you would be able to click the arrow to hide the scripters lounge :)

Hi,

Its a great idea. We had similar thoughts.

We will add it in the future releases.

Hi, Its a great idea. We had similar thoughts. We will add it in the future releases.

That is good to know smile I can't use CODOFORUM for our community, until that feature is added so I cant wait! smile

That is good to know :) I can't use CODOFORUM for our community, until that feature is added so I cant wait! :D

I'm creating a new wiki, including many categories. (Its inside my intranet, so I can't show it to you, sorry!) But I've got a problem with entitling my pages: For example my first category is called "vehicles". It includes pages like "car", "plane" and "bike". In my second category I'd like to give examples for different vehicles. Because pages like "car", "plane" and "bike" already exist, I have to choose other titles. So I'll name them "example of cars" "example of planes" and "example of bikes". But I've got another problem now: Listing all pages in this category, you'll find everything sorted by the first letter. So all pages begin with "E - example of ...". That isn't very nice and not useful.

I'm creating a new wiki, including many categories. (Its inside my intranet, so I can't show it to you, sorry!) But I've got a problem with entitling my pages: For example my first category is called "vehicles". It includes pages like "car", "plane" and "bike". In my second category I'd like to give examples for different vehicles. Because pages like "car", "plane" and "bike" already exist, I have to choose other titles. So I'll name them "example of cars" "example of planes" and "example of bikes". But I've got another problem now: Listing all pages in this category, you'll find everything sorted by the first letter. So all pages begin with "E - example of ...". That isn't very nice and not useful.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft