Codoforum related discussions
I want to set "hide topic messages" as default. How can I do?

I agree with the question in 2020.
I did find some solution in the file: sites/default/asstets/js/topics.js (on lines 564 to 564).

But that is not really satisfactory. On the "All topics" page, the posts are closed, but if you switch to other areas, you have chaos again. There is a risk of eye cancer here, especially with mobile devices. But not nice on a normal screen either.

Hence the question again from me: Is there a solution or hints how to solve this?

Thanks for hints or even solutions

I agree with the question in 2020. I did find some solution in the file: **sites/default/asstets/js/topics.js** (on lines 564 to 564). But that is not really satisfactory. On the "All topics" page, the posts are closed, but if you switch to other areas, you have chaos again. There is a risk of eye cancer here, especially with mobile devices. But not nice on a normal screen either. Hence the question again from me: Is there a solution or hints how to solve this? Thanks for hints or even solutions

There is right now not a setting to hide topic messages by the admin, but as far as I know its already on the to do list of Codologic and I think it will get released with the big version 5.0 Codoforum Update.

5.0 will be a big step in the development of Codoforum with a lot of new and better solutions and updated code parts etc.

But we have to be patient smile I think its not finished very soon (2-3 month maybe because it is a LOT of work and the Codo team is small).

Kind regards, Andy smile

There is right now not a setting to hide topic messages by the admin, but as far as I know its already on the to do list of Codologic and I think it will get released with the big version 5.0 Codoforum Update. 5.0 will be a big step in the development of Codoforum with a lot of new and better solutions and updated code parts etc. But **we have to be patient** (mm) I think its not finished very soon (2-3 month maybe because it is **a LOT of work** and the Codo team is small). Kind regards, Andy :)

🚽 planing my next project 🪔

Check my GitHub Repos: https://github.com/WebCrew

My CrazyMates Account: https://crazymates.de/Crazymate

That's great news!
I didn't know, but I guessed the team was probably small. I don't want to rush anyone either. Especially since I do not find the prospect 2-3 months, it can also be 4 to 5, really long.
I'm happy to wait for the new version.

Thanks for the information.

That's great news! I didn't know, but I guessed the team was probably small. I don't want to rush anyone either. Especially since I do not find the prospect 2-3 months, it can also be 4 to 5, really long. I'm happy to wait for the new version. Thanks for the information.

@codoboy thank you very much smile

The Codologic base team are only two members (they are brothers). From time to time they also have some little helpers joining the team and here at the community are a hand full of community members who try to give a little support to other users, but thats it smile

I am also very curious about the 5.0 version smile I am sure it will become something awesome. We will get some new and long missing new features and a lot of little things will get fixed and also the outdated framework will get changed.

Kind regards, Andy

@codoboy thank you very much :) The Codologic base team are only two members (they are brothers). From time to time they also have some little helpers joining the team and here at the community are a hand full of community members who try to give a little support to other users, but thats it :) I am also very curious about the 5.0 version :) I am sure it will become something awesome. We will get some new and long missing new features and a lot of little things will get fixed and also the outdated framework will get changed. Kind regards, Andy

Hi,

Thank you for always helping out @WebCrew!
As of now, the settings are persisted in the client storage so once you set, the browser will remember it the next time.
We will provide an option to see that as default as well.

Hi, Thank you for always helping out @WebCrew! As of now, the settings are persisted in the client storage so once you set, the browser will remember it the next time. We will provide an option to see that as default as well.
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

In my opinion, the Codoforum is a really great alternative to the big other systems and in my opinion is underestimated (or less considered).

It is slim, looks good and can be modified - relatively - well for me as a layman with only basic scripting knowledge.
Thanks to the team.

In my opinion, the Codoforum is a really great alternative to the big other systems and in my opinion is underestimated (or less considered). It is slim, looks good and can be modified - relatively - well for me as a layman with only basic scripting knowledge. Thanks to the team.

@admin You are welcome - I like it to help if I can, it's fun. smile

@codoboy Ya Codoforum is a nice forum software and even if it is not that big and monstrous like other well-known forum systems, one should not underestimate Codoforum, because with the "page feature" and the possibility to create "widget blocks" Codoforum is a small powerhouse with which you can do a lot. Another good thing is that Codoforum does come with a Chat feature by default, which is missing at most of the other forum softwares out there. That makes it the ideal small community system. I also like the work of the Codologic team, it is so rare to find such good support of a software.

Kind regards, Andy smile

@admin You are welcome - I like it to help if I can, it's fun. :) @codoboy Ya Codoforum is a nice forum software and even if it is not that big and monstrous like other well-known forum systems, one should not underestimate Codoforum, because with the "page feature" and the possibility to create "widget blocks" Codoforum is a small powerhouse with which you can do a lot. Another good thing is that Codoforum does come with a Chat feature by default, which is missing at most of the other forum softwares out there. That makes it the ideal small community system. I also like the work of the Codologic team, it is so rare to find such good support of a software. Kind regards, Andy :)

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft