Codoforum related discussions
Installer Bombs

Hi

On attempting to install Codoforum 4.2 on Dreamhost Shared Hosting.

After click Next on SQL Server page of installer, i get the following error.

Let's just say: i am impressed!

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory' in /home/booma/bayviewboom.org/getsimple/codoforum/sys/vendor/illuminate/database/Illuminate/Database/Connectors/Connector.php:47 Stack trace: #0 /home/booma/bayviewboom.org/getsimple/codoforum/sys/vendor/illuminate/database/Illuminate/Database/Connectors/Connector.php(47): PDO->__construct('mysql:host=loca...', 'root', '', Array) #1 /home/booma/bayviewboom.org/getsimple/codoforum/sys/vendor/illuminate/database/Illuminate/Database/Connectors/MySqlConnector.php(20): Illuminate\Database\Connectors\Connector->createConnection('mysql:host=loca...', Array, Array) #2 /home/booma/bayviewboom.org/getsimple/codoforum/sys/vendor/illuminate/database/Illuminate/Database/Connectors/ConnectionFactory.php(59): Illuminate\Database\Connectors\MySqlConnector->connect(Array) #3 /home/booma/bayviewboom.org/getsimple/codoforum/sys/vendor/illuminate/database/Illuminate/Database/Connectors/ConnectionFactory.php(47): Illuminate\Database in /home/booma/bayviewboom.org/getsimple/codoforum/sys/vendor/illuminate/database/Illuminate/Database/Connectors/Connector.php on line 47
Hi On attempting to install Codoforum 4.2 on Dreamhost Shared Hosting. After click Next on SQL Server page of installer, i get the following error. Let's just say: **i am impressed!** ```` Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No such file or directory' in /home/booma/bayviewboom.org/getsimple/codoforum/sys/vendor/illuminate/database/Illuminate/Database/Connectors/Connector.php:47 Stack trace: #0 /home/booma/bayviewboom.org/getsimple/codoforum/sys/vendor/illuminate/database/Illuminate/Database/Connectors/Connector.php(47): PDO->__construct('mysql:host=loca...', 'root', '', Array) #1 /home/booma/bayviewboom.org/getsimple/codoforum/sys/vendor/illuminate/database/Illuminate/Database/Connectors/MySqlConnector.php(20): Illuminate\Database\Connectors\Connector->createConnection('mysql:host=loca...', Array, Array) #2 /home/booma/bayviewboom.org/getsimple/codoforum/sys/vendor/illuminate/database/Illuminate/Database/Connectors/ConnectionFactory.php(59): Illuminate\Database\Connectors\MySqlConnector->connect(Array) #3 /home/booma/bayviewboom.org/getsimple/codoforum/sys/vendor/illuminate/database/Illuminate/Database/Connectors/ConnectionFactory.php(47): Illuminate\Database in /home/booma/bayviewboom.org/getsimple/codoforum/sys/vendor/illuminate/database/Illuminate/Database/Connectors/Connector.php on line 47 ````

After waiting a few moments for my host to finish created the MySql database, the installer worked.

Hey, great job on the friendly, informative error messages!

Try saying:

"We can't find your database. Try again?"

After waiting a few moments for my host to finish created the MySql database, the installer worked. Hey, great job on the friendly, informative error messages! Try saying: **"We can't find your database. Try again?"**

Hi,

Yes, true that error message is not helpful at all.
We will make it more user-friendly.

Thanks

Hi, Yes, true that error message is not helpful at all. We will make it more user-friendly. Thanks
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft