Codoforum related discussions
Changing CSS in theme
css

Hi,

I am evaluating the forum software and have created a theme, copying the default one so I have all files.

I have made a small change to general.less and understand that codoforum re-compiles this into the cache css file. Using Filezilla, I can see that I have newer cache files, but when I look at my site, it is still using an old cache css from yesterday.

I have tried refreshing cache in the browser, but still old css is being used.

How does the software detect and use a newer css file?

Thanks,
Steve

Hi, I am evaluating the forum software and have created a theme, copying the default one so I have all files. I have made a small change to general.less and understand that codoforum re-compiles this into the cache css file. Using Filezilla, I can see that I have newer cache files, but when I look at my site, it is still using an old cache css from yesterday. I have tried refreshing cache in the browser, but still old css is being used. How does the software detect and use a newer css file? Thanks, Steve

You can try to remove all files inside cache/css folder...

In my case in place of create a new theme I use a "block" from dashboard to modify the original theme without touch any file.

https://www.recursoseducativos.net/foro/

You can try to remove all files inside cache/css folder... In my case in place of create a new theme I use a "block" from dashboard to modify the original theme without touch any file. https://www.recursoseducativos.net/foro/

Thanks for the tip, which I tried. I do now have a new cache file (dated today) but it is not pulling through the change I have made.

To your point on blocks, I have indeed made changes in those. However, there is also guidance that you can change the theme by updating the colors.less file, and that you don't need to re-compile as codo does this for you. I have assumed that changing general.less would also result in a similar re-compile, but maybe that is not the case?

Thanks for the tip, which I tried. I do now have a new cache file (dated today) but it is not pulling through the change I have made. To your point on blocks, I have indeed made changes in those. However, there is also guidance that you can change the theme by updating the colors.less file, and that you don't need to re-compile as codo does this for you. I have assumed that changing general.less would also result in a similar re-compile, but maybe that is not the case?
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft