Codoforum related discussions
Client and SSO Login - Halp

Okay so I have been looking at this code for over a course of say... one or two weeks. The website I develop for is moving along slowly as there are only 2 developers, and I was recently asked to use Codo. I get how Codo works, I do, and I have everything set up EXCEPT SSO. I saw on another forum that USER_LOGGED_IN should be set to session or some other form of saving a user's information. The site's header that uses Codo stores data in a cookie at this time and doesn't rely on a Session. Is there a way to call information from something of that nature (cookies)?

The following image is me considering a solution that a user has already received. However, if possible, I would like to refrain from using Session at this time as I am working on other content on site.

599b6c8cdd5aa.png

Okay so I have been looking at this code for over a course of say... one or two weeks. The website I develop for is moving along slowly as there are only 2 developers, and I was recently asked to use Codo. I get how Codo works, I do, and I have everything set up **EXCEPT** SSO. I saw on another forum that USER_LOGGED_IN should be set to session or some other form of saving a user's information. The site's header that uses Codo stores data in a cookie at this time and doesn't rely on a Session. Is there a way to call information from something of that nature (cookies)? The following image is me considering a solution that a user has already received. However, if possible, I would like to refrain from using Session at this time as I am working on other content on site. ![599b6c8cdd5aa.png](serve/attachment&path=599b6c8cdd5aa.png)

If you don't use SESSION then what do you use on your website?

if you can post the code on how your website code checks if a user is logged in or not.
Then we can help you proceed.
It is really super simple.

If you don't use SESSION then what do you use on your website? if you can post the code on how your website code checks if a user is logged in or not. Then we can help you proceed. It is really super simple.
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

At this time it checks to see if a cookie is set. Like with session, could I not use $_COOKIE['user_id']?
599d97445ed60.png

At this time it checks to see if a cookie is set. Like with session, could I not use _$_COOKIE['user_id']_? ![599d97445ed60.png](serve/attachment&path=599d97445ed60.png)

Hi,

If you have the userid saved then you can use it from cookie.

Hi, If you have the userid saved then you can use it from cookie.
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

@admin
Right, but what would be appropriate to use? The $_COOKIE or $uInfo? I've attempted both. I tried to focus on email since Cookies look at emails. It's likely that I am thinking too much into this. If the header checks for an existing cookie, and then creates variables... later shoving all necessary information into a global variable ($uInfo) would I think have client look at uInfo as well or focus on cookie?

59a1d3409215e.png

@admin Right, but what would be appropriate to use? The $_COOKIE or $uInfo? I've attempted both. I tried to focus on email since Cookies look at emails. It's likely that I am thinking too much into this. If the header checks for an existing cookie, and then creates variables... later shoving all necessary information into a global variable ($uInfo) would I think have client look at uInfo as well or focus on cookie? ![59a1d3409215e.png](serve/attachment&path=59a1d3409215e.png)

Hi,

If you have all the information in the cookie then use the cookie instead of an extra query.

Hi, If you have all the information in the cookie then use the cookie instead of an extra query.

@adesh1414127033, hello.
Right, but why does this not pull the information?

59a32d3c57d93.png

@adesh1414127033, hello. Right, but why does this not pull the information? ![59a32d3c57d93.png](serve/attachment&path=59a32d3c57d93.png)
edited Aug 27 at 9:37 pm

Hi,

Under "profile/edit" : "subscriptions" and "notifications"

Can you tell me what is happening now ?

On page load if user is not logged in, codoforum makes a request to your main website.
What response are you getting from this request ?

Hi, >Under "profile/edit" : "subscriptions" and "notifications" Can you tell me what is happening now ? On page load if user is not logged in, codoforum makes a request to your main website. What response are you getting from this request ?
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft