FreiChat related discussions
Need Help In Installing Freichat For Wordpress With Buddypress

Hello,

I tried to install freichat after a very long time. I was trying to install freichat on wordpress 4.8 with buddypress installed but the chat was not showing up on front-end even when the provided code at the end of freichat installation was placed in header.php before </head> tag after <?php wp_head(); ?>. I tried to install it twice but the result was same however admin panel of freichat was working properly. Log file was showing entries of current loggedin user being inserted in db table with "I am available" status. Admin panel was showing list of registered users on wordpress.

One more thing, if freichat starts working then how I can make the chat friend only. I have done this before via custom driver but that was a custom php website.

[EDIT]

I tried installing freichat on a wordpress v4.4.10 with nearly the same setup on localserver. The installation wizard entered wrong db prefix "usermeta" in hardcode.php but after fixing it the chat started working. So to confirm again I tried to install freichat on live server but it again failed to show up. Could this problem be related to my VPS? PDO-MYSQL is already installed on my VPS. I have enabled server wide gzip compression & running modpagespeed which is handling server side cache. While URL FOpen, URL Include and following functions are disabled:

exec,passthru,shell_exec,system,proc_open,popen,curl_exec,curl_multi_exec,parse_ini_file,show_source

Best Regards,
Mehroz Anjum

Hello, I tried to install freichat after a very long time. I was trying to install freichat on wordpress 4.8 with buddypress installed but the chat was not showing up on front-end even when the provided code at the end of freichat installation was placed in header.php before &lt;/head&gt; tag after &lt;?php wp_head(); ?&gt;. I tried to install it twice but the result was same however admin panel of freichat was working properly. Log file was showing entries of current loggedin user being inserted in db table with &quot;I am available&quot; status. Admin panel was showing list of registered users on wordpress. One more thing, if freichat starts working then how I can make the chat friend only. I have done this before via custom driver but that was a custom php website. [EDIT] I tried installing freichat on a wordpress v4.4.10 with nearly the same setup on localserver. The installation wizard entered wrong db prefix &quot;usermeta&quot; in hardcode.php but after fixing it the chat started working. So to confirm again I tried to install freichat on live server but it again failed to show up. Could this problem be related to my VPS? PDO-MYSQL is already installed on my VPS. I have enabled server wide gzip compression &amp; running modpagespeed which is handling server side cache. While URL FOpen, URL Include and following functions are disabled: exec,passthru,shell_exec,system,proc_open,popen,curl_exec,curl_multi_exec,parse_ini_file,show_source Best Regards, Mehroz Anjum
edited Jul 8 at 5:09 am

I want to add one more thing there was no js or jquery error on the front-end. Although you the plugin is using get_currentuserinfo() in code (provided at the end of freichat installtion) which is deprecated since wordpress 4.5 but i think it should still work with it. I tried replacing it with wp_get_current_user() but still no luck.

I want to add one more thing there was no js or jquery error on the front-end. Although you the plugin is using get_currentuserinfo() in code (provided at the end of freichat installtion) which is deprecated since wordpress 4.5 but i think it should still work with it. I tried replacing it with wp_get_current_user() but still no luck.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft