Codoforum related discussions
Multilanguage

Hello guys

I'm wondering if anyone has ever created or attempted to create a multinaguage for CODOFORUM so the links would be like
en/category/study
ru/category/study

Hello guys I'm wondering if anyone has ever created or attempted to create a **multinaguage** for **CODOFORUM** so the links would be like **en**/category/study **ru**/category/study

How exactly will this work?

Will the topics in language/category/study be displayed in that language ?

Will this apply only for the category?

How exactly will this work? Will the topics in language/category/study be displayed in that language ? Will this apply only for the category?

@adesh1414127033 Hello this will work as all the other multilanguge sites.

Users will see different content based on the selected language.
My plan is to apply it only to posts. And categories only will have their name translated.

@adesh1414127033 Hello this will work as all the other multilanguge sites. Users will see different content based on the selected language. My plan is to apply it only to posts. And categories only will have their name translated.

a lot of work have to be done with internationalization !!

• translate admin interface
  • i18n with smarty ?
  • default language per user
  • multi language categories ? ( or default language per category seem more efficient)
a lot of work have to be done with internationalization !! - translate admin interface - i18n with smarty ? - default language per user - multi language categories ? ( or default language per category seem more efficient) - ...

please, excuse my bad english! ( i'm french, and i know, it's not a good excuse ! ;) )

internationalization need a lot of work !!

• translate admin interface
  • add default language per user
  • maybe a default language per category ( if you want to access it directly)
  • complete i18n with smarty ? ( not found an easy way to translate messages in tpl... and not easy to learn smarty in 2 days ;) )

@adesh1414127033, do you plan to add this features ?

internationalization need a lot of work !! - translate admin interface - add default language per user - maybe a default language per category ( if you want to access it directly) - complete i18n with smarty ? ( not found an easy way to translate messages in tpl... and not easy to learn smarty in 2 days ;) ) @adesh1414127033, do you plan to add this features ?

please, excuse my bad english! ( i'm french, and i know, it's not a good excuse ! ;) )

edited Oct 18 '16 at 9:01 am

My plan is to:

1. rewrite htaccess so that it can get parse link to get first slash that been /en or /ru and I could use it as a var (halfway there :) )
  2. Create a "translations" table with relations.
  3. When a user creates post it would get the language var and insert it to the "language relations posts" table. So when displaying a post the select query will also have to search for the current language relations.

You think this will be a big problem?

My plan is to: 1. rewrite htaccess so that it can get parse link to get first slash that been /en or /ru and I could use it as a var (halfway there :) ) 2. Create a "translations" table with relations. 3. When a user creates post it would get the language var and insert it to the "language relations posts" table. So when displaying a post the select query will also have to search for the current language relations. You think this will be a big problem?

Hi, and as usual: i'm new to this piece of software, looks great! smile

As multilanguage capability is an important feature i would like to ask if there is a working solution available? Haven't found much info.. i have read the htaccess-rewrite-thing, but how have you managed the actual content related changes?

Would be glad to get a solution, even if it were a comercial one smile

Kind regards,
Michael

Hi, and as usual: i'm new to this piece of software, looks great! :) As multilanguage capability is an important feature i would like to ask if there is a working solution available? Haven't found much info.. i have read the htaccess-rewrite-thing, but how have you managed the actual content related changes? Would be glad to get a solution, even if it were a comercial one :) Kind regards, Michael

Paradise is exactly like where you are right now - only much, much better [Laurie Anderson, Language Is A Virus]

Hi,

You can always set which language to load but it is not dynamically available via paths like /en, /ru.

What is your exact requirement ?

Hi, You can always set which language to load but it is not dynamically available via paths like /en, /ru. What is your exact requirement ?
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft