Codoforum related discussions
How to install FreiChat with Codoforum?

First install codoforum

Then install freichat and select the Custom integration option.

First install codoforum Then install freichat and select the Custom integration option.

I have this problem "module freichatx says: hardcode.php file not
found!"

I have this problem "module freichatx says: hardcode.php file not found!"

Replace the copy/pasted freichat code with

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascipt" src="http://forumquantum.tk/freichat/client/main.php"></script> 
<link rel="stylesheet" href="http://forumquantum.tk/freichat/client/jquery/freichat_themes/freichatcss.php" type="text/css">

After that open freichat/hardcode.php, and replace

$use_cookie=false;

with

$use_cookie=true;
Replace the copy/pasted freichat code with ``` &amp;lt;script type=&quot;text/javascript&quot; language=&quot;javascipt&quot; src=&quot;http://forumquantum.tk/freichat/client/main.php&quot;&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/script&amp;gt; &amp;lt;link rel=&quot;stylesheet&quot; href=&quot;http://forumquantum.tk/freichat/client/jquery/freichat_themes/freichatcss.php&quot; type=&quot;text/css&quot;&amp;gt; ``` After that open freichat/hardcode.php, and replace ``` $use_cookie=false; ``` with ``` $use_cookie=true; ```
edited Nov 18 '15 at 6:36 pm

Is not working, the message does not appear, but the chat did not appear also

Is not working, the message does not appear, but the chat did not appear also

Open freichat backend -> server side

Switch off the option "Turn GZIP ob_handler"

Open freichat backend -&amp;gt; server side Switch off the option &quot;Turn GZIP ob_handler&quot;

Is working. Thank you.

Now, how can I configure the users, I don't want use like "guests'

Is working. Thank you. Now, how can I configure the users, I don&#039;t want use like &quot;guests&#039;

Sorry for the late reply.

Are you using any other user system(other than codoforum) or do you want freichat to be integrated only with codoforum ?

Sorry for the late reply. Are you using any other user system(other than codoforum) or do you want freichat to be integrated only with codoforum ?

For freichat to recognize logged in users, you need to pass the user's id to it.

So, we first need to save the userid in a PHP COOKIE .

Open index.php

Replace

define('IN_CODOF', true);

with

define('IN_CODOF', true);
if(!isset($_COOKIE['user_id']))
    setcookie("user_id", 0);

Open sys/CODOF/User/Login.php

Around line 71, add

Replace

$user->rememberMe();

with

$user->rememberMe();
setcookie("user_id", $user->id);

Open freichat/hardcode.php

Replace

$use_cookie=true;

with

$use_cookie='user_id';

Same file

Replace

/* Custom driver */
$usertable='login'; //specifies the name of the table in which your user information is stored.
$row_username='root'; //specifies the name of the field in which the user's name/display name is stored.
$row_userid='loginid'; //specifies the name of the field in which the user's id is stored (usually id or userid)

with

/* Custom driver */
$usertable='codo_users'; //specifies the name of the table in which your user information is stored.
$row_username='username'; //specifies the name of the field in which the user's name/display name is stored.
$row_userid='id'; //specifies the name of the field in which the user's id is stored (usually id or userid)

It is very important that freichat and codoforum tables are in the same database

For freichat to recognize logged in users, you need to pass the user&#039;s id to it. So, we first need to save the userid in a PHP COOKIE . Open index.php Replace ``` define(&#039;IN_CODOF&#039;, true); ``` with ``` define(&#039;IN_CODOF&#039;, true); if(!isset($_COOKIE[&#039;user_id&#039;])) setcookie(&quot;user_id&quot;, 0); ``` Open sys/CODOF/User/Login.php Around line 71, add Replace ``` $user-&amp;gt;rememberMe(); ``` with ``` $user-&amp;gt;rememberMe(); setcookie(&quot;user_id&quot;, $user-&amp;gt;id); ``` Open freichat/hardcode.php Replace ``` $use_cookie=true; ``` with ``` $use_cookie=&#039;user_id&#039;; ``` Same file Replace ``` /* Custom driver */ $usertable=&#039;login&#039;; //specifies the name of the table in which your user information is stored. $row_username=&#039;root&#039;; //specifies the name of the field in which the user&#039;s name/display name is stored. $row_userid=&#039;loginid&#039;; //specifies the name of the field in which the user&#039;s id is stored (usually id or userid) ``` with ``` /* Custom driver */ $usertable=&#039;codo_users&#039;; //specifies the name of the table in which your user information is stored. $row_username=&#039;username&#039;; //specifies the name of the field in which the user&#039;s name/display name is stored. $row_userid=&#039;id&#039;; //specifies the name of the field in which the user&#039;s id is stored (usually id or userid) ``` **It is very important that freichat and codoforum tables are in the same database**

hi adesh, i don't undestand what to do here, yo said replace the copy pasted freichat code, but where is this code?

Nov 18 '15

hi adesh, i don&#039;t undestand what to do here, yo said replace the copy pasted freichat code, but where is this code? Nov 18 &#039;15
edited Mar 5 '16 at 8:34 pm

hi adesh, i don't undestand what to do here, yo said replace the copy pasted freichat code, but where is this code?

Nov 18 '15

@manuelnamarupa Adesh gave you the code above. You need to edit the files he has named and make the changes.

If you do not know how to do this then try looking on the net for how to. Then go your ftp manager files look through the directories find the two files and edit them.

Good luck.
Btw. Make copies of the files before you edit them so if you make a mistake, you can reinstate

&amp;gt;hi adesh, i don&#039;t undestand what to do here, yo said replace the copy pasted freichat code, but where is this code? &amp;gt;Nov 18 &#039;15 @manuelnamarupa Adesh gave you the code above. You need to edit the files he has named and make the changes. If you do not know how to do this then try looking on the net for how to. Then go your ftp manager files look through the directories find the two files and edit them. Good luck. Btw. Make copies of the files before you edit them so if you make a mistake, you can reinstate

Thank's Ron, my problem is that freichat installation get stucked in smart_session, i have acces to the back end, but the installation never finishes, and it doesn't give me a file to install or edit in the codoforum folder.

Thank&#039;s Ron, my problem is that freichat installation get stucked in smart_session, i have acces to the back end, but the installation never finishes, and it doesn&#039;t give me a file to install or edit in the codoforum folder.
edited Mar 6 '16 at 5:45 am

Thank's Ron, my problem is that freichat installation get stucked in smart_session, i have acces to the back end, but the installation never finishes, and it doesn't give me a file to install or edit in the codoforum folder.

@manuelnamarupa bummer, sorry i cannot help but hopefully Adesh when he gets back will be able to answer yours and other questions soon

&amp;gt;Thank&#039;s Ron, my problem is that freichat installation get stucked in smart_session, i have acces to the back end, but the installation never finishes, and it doesn&#039;t give me a file to install or edit in the codoforum folder. @manuelnamarupa bummer, sorry i cannot help but hopefully Adesh when he gets back will be able to answer yours and other questions soon

freichat installation get stucked in smart_session

Which page exactly ?

&amp;gt;freichat installation get stucked in smart_session Which page exactly ?

i installed freichat in other server, for integration with joomla, and in the final step i got a file to be installed in my joomla cms.

But in my codoforum installation, i select custom integration, i did all the steps, but it get stucked in a page that says "loading......" and it never finishes, i tried to install it again several times but it says that it's already installed, i dont have a file to be edited or installed.

thank's

i installed freichat in other server, for integration with joomla, and in the final step i got a file to be installed in my joomla cms. But in my codoforum installation, i select custom integration, i did all the steps, but it get stucked in a page that says &quot;loading......&quot; and it never finishes, i tried to install it again several times but it says that it&#039;s already installed, i dont have a file to be edited or installed. thank&#039;s
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft