General discussion
big post

hi
can you help me do this: l want see all my big post even with pictuces without "read more link"
is it possible?
thks

hi can you help me do this: l want see all my big post even with pictuces without "read more link" is it possible? thks

You can increase the limit of characters after which a read more link is created.

So setting it to a very large number should do the job.

You can change the limit by editing the line

$maxNoCharacters = 400; //Util::get_opt('max_excerpt_chars');

in sys/CODOF/Format.php

You can increase the limit of characters after which a read more link is created. So setting it to a very large number should do the job. You can change the limit by editing the line ``` $maxNoCharacters = 400; //Util::get_opt('max_excerpt_chars'); ``` in sys/CODOF/Format.php

but if I do this pictures dont see in main lists....only letters

but if I do this pictures dont see in main lists....only letters

Hi,

If the post is very long, won't it look bad ?

But, if that is not an issue, open sites/default/themes/default/less/topics.less

Around line 704, delete/comment following line

max-height: 260px;
Hi, If the post is very long, won't it look bad ? But, if that is not an issue, open sites/default/themes/default/less/topics.less Around line 704, delete/comment following line ``` max-height: 260px; ```

Thank you!
You codoforum looks like good with big posts too!

Thank you! You codoforum looks like good with big posts too!

You need to do the same for what you did for the topics page.

Open the file sites/default/themes/default/less/category.less

Around line 907, delete/commend the line

max-height: 260px;
You need to do the same for what you did for the topics page. Open the file sites/default/themes/default/less/category.less Around line 907, delete/commend the line ``` max-height: 260px; ```

@adesh1414127033 thanks I've gone the opposite way and reduced to 240 characters smile looks better on mobile and gives a twitter feel (maybe they will click through more and make first few lines more snappy?)

@adesh1414127033 thanks I've gone the opposite way and reduced to 240 characters :D looks better on mobile and gives a twitter feel (maybe they will click through more and make first few lines more snappy?)

Given up on Codoforum :(

edited Dec 21 '15 at 2:43 pm

I've reduced mine down to 30 characters for faster loading smile

I've reduced mine down to 30 characters for faster loading :D

In version 4.5 I've settled on 128 characters for excerpt

In version 4.5 I've settled on 128 characters for excerpt

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft