Codoforum related discussions
Doing backups

Hello,

you previously mentioned the release on the 8th of March. That made me wonder how to back up before updating the forum version? By just manually taking the database dump and copying all the php files? Or there's a smarter way of doing this?

Hello, you previously mentioned the release on the 8th of March. That made me wonder how to back up before updating the forum version? By just manually taking the database dump and copying all the php files? Or there's a smarter way of doing this?
edited Mar 10 '15 at 8:48 am

Backup your database and backup all your files. Just how you said it.

That's how you do it. If the upgrade dont work or its not good just upload your old db and old files.

Backup your database and backup all your files. Just how you said it. That's how you do it. If the upgrade dont work or its not good just upload your old db and old files.
edited Mar 9 '15 at 9:21 am

I would be very nice to have a tick "back up files" in the admin panel. It shouldn't be very hard to copy the files automatically and spare us some troubles.

Also it would be very nice to have a way of extract the data from the forum - I'm not talking about a mysql dump, but rather of something version independent, like json with all the data or xml (like in mediawiki or wordpress). So if something goes wrong, it would enable us to reset the schema and then just upload all the data (settings, posts, etc) to get back all the information.

I would be very nice to have a tick "back up files" in the admin panel. It shouldn't be very hard to copy the files automatically and spare us some troubles. Also it would be very nice to have a way of extract the data from the forum - I'm not talking about a mysql dump, but rather of something version independent, like json with all the data or xml (like in mediawiki or wordpress). So if something goes wrong, it would enable us to reset the schema and then just upload all the data (settings, posts, etc) to get back all the information.

Hi,

The idea of independent backup seems useful.

We will add it when we have time.

Hi, The idea of independent backup seems useful. We will add it when we have time.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft