Codoforum related discussions
Youtube help

I need help to post youtube video in forum.

can anyone help me in that ?

I need help to post youtube video in forum. can anyone help me in that ?

@sandita Codoforum is supposed to allow you to do that automatically - but currently it's not working.... If it were, all you'd need to do would be to type in the URL of the video on a line by itself, and it would automatically pickup and preview the video inline, in your post.

This capability is called "oEmbed", and it should work with a long list of sites, not just for YouTube, and not just for video, - it would also include Vimeo, SoundCloud, Twitter, Wikipedia, and many others. You can read more about it here:

http://codologic.com/forum/index.php?u=/topic/1251/testing-oembed

This capability seems to have been introduced in version 2.2 of Codoforum, but it seems it became 'broken' in version 2.6. Version 3.1 unfortunately did not fix it, but we're all hoping that it may be fixed in the upcoming version 3.2 - which should be out any day now.

I hope this helps.

@sandita Codoforum is supposed to allow you to do that automatically - but currently it's not working.... If it were, all you'd need to do would be to type in the URL of the video on a line by itself, and it would automatically pickup and preview the video inline, in your post. This capability is called "oEmbed", and it should work with a long list of sites, not just for YouTube, and not just for video, - it would also include Vimeo, SoundCloud, Twitter, Wikipedia, and many others. You can read more about it here: http://codologic.com/forum/index.php?u=/topic/1251/testing-oembed This capability seems to have been introduced in version 2.2 of Codoforum, but it seems it became 'broken' in version 2.6. Version 3.1 unfortunately did not fix it, but we're all hoping that it may be fixed in the upcoming version 3.2 - which should be out any day now. I hope this helps.
edited Feb 26 '15 at 11:48 am

@sandita Codoforum is supposed to allow you to do that automatically - but currently it's not working....

@sandita thats because luxlogica already tells you, it doesn't work with the current update (since 2.6 not.)

Dont know why, but it should come back within a few release so look back at it in 2-3 months.

>@sandita Codoforum is supposed to allow you to do that automatically - **but currently it's not working....** @sandita thats because luxlogica already tells you, it doesn't work with the current update (since 2.6 not.) Dont know why, but it should come back within a few release so look back at it in 2-3 months.

there are a lot of issues with oEmbed which we are trying hard to solve.
most of the issues are related to mobile rendering.
the feature will be back soon smile

there are a lot of issues with oEmbed which we are trying hard to solve. most of the issues are related to mobile rendering. the feature will be back soon :)
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

there are a lot of issues with oEmbed which we are trying hard to solve.
most of the issues are related to mobile rendering.
the feature will be back soon smile

In Codoforum 4.0?

>there are a lot of issues with oEmbed which we are trying hard to solve. >most of the issues are related to mobile rendering. >the feature will be back soon :) In Codoforum 4.0?

www.getpregnantforfree.co.uk (5000+ active members) powered by Codoforum 3.72 would like to see CodoPM updated :)

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft