Codoforum related discussions
Problem with SSO

I'd like to know like I can integrate these variables:

$_SESSION["username"]=$username;
             $_SESSION["id"]=$id;
             $_SESSION["password"]=$password;

in automatic forum login!!!

I have http://mysite.com/index.php and on index.php page after login I store the three vars Username - id - password in $_SESSION variable....

Now I'd like to know what I must do to use these vars for have an auto-login in forum, without login manually.

Thanks all..

I'd like to know like I can integrate these variables: ```` $_SESSION["username"]=$username; $_SESSION["id"]=$id; $_SESSION["password"]=$password; ```` in automatic forum login!!! I have http://mysite.com/index.php and on index.php page after login I store the three vars Username - id - password in $_SESSION variable.... Now I'd like to know what I must do to use these vars for have an auto-login in forum, without login manually. Thanks all..

thanks luxlogica,

I've already read that section, but I did not understand much, I would be immensely grateful if someone could give me an example on how to do it, based on the data I sent before

I'd like to know like I can integrate these variables:

$_SESSION["username"]=$username;
         $_SESSION["id"]=$id;
         $_SESSION["password"]=$password;

in automatic forum login!!!

I have http://mysite.com/index.php and on index.php page after login I store the three vars Username - id - password in $_SESSION variable....

Now I'd like to know what I must do to use these vars for have an auto-login in forum, without login manually.

Thanks all..>

thanks luxlogica, I've already read that section, but I did not understand much, I would be immensely grateful if someone could give me an example on how to do it, based on the data I sent before > I'd like to know like I can integrate these variables: $_SESSION["username"]=$username; $_SESSION["id"]=$id; $_SESSION["password"]=$password; in automatic forum login!!! I have http://mysite.com/index.php and on index.php page after login I store the three vars Username - id - password in $_SESSION variable.... Now I'd like to know what I must do to use these vars for have an auto-login in forum, without login manually. Thanks all..>

@Edotor Are you sure you're reading the correct documentation page? Nowhere in that page does it tell you to edit your "index.php" file - and it certainly doesn't tell you to store a user's password in the php session variable (a huge security risk).

The instructions are: activate the SSO plugin, configure it, then download the sample skeleton php files that you can use to implement/configure the integration with your site. Note that unless you're an experienced developer, it's not recommendable that you do this on your own, as you could cause security issues with your existing site.

@Edotor Are you sure you're reading the correct documentation page? Nowhere in that page does it tell you to edit your "index.php" file - and it certainly doesn't tell you to store a user's password in the php session variable (a huge security risk). The instructions are: activate the SSO plugin, configure it, then download the sample skeleton php files that you can use to implement/configure the integration with your site. Note that unless you're an experienced developer, it's not recommendable that you do this on your own, as you could cause security issues with your existing site.

Hi,

Have you cloned the repository from https://github.com/evnix/codoforum-sso/blob/master/client.php ?

You need to enter the session information username, userid and email id in client.php file
of the cloned repository.

Please let us know what have you done uptil now.

Hi, Have you cloned the repository from https://github.com/evnix/codoforum-sso/blob/master/client.php ? You need to enter the session information username, userid and email id in client.php file of the cloned repository. Please let us know what have you done uptil now.

Ok well, I done all and codoforum goes well!!! it logme with SSO...

But I find other error... If I enable SSO plugin I will have in codoforum page these errors:

["line"]=> int(68) ["function"]=> string(6) "add_js" ["args"]=> array(2) { [0]=> &string(87) "http://condmiramare.altervista.org/codoforum/sites/default/plugins/sso/assets/js/sso.js" [1]=> &array(2) { ["name"]=> string(6) "sso.js" ["type"]=> string(5) "defer" } } } [1]=> array(2) { ["function"]=> string(10) "add_sso_js" ["args"]=> array(2) { [0]=> &array(0) { } [1]=> &array(0) { } } } [2]=> array(4) { ["file"]=> string(49) "/membri/condmiramare/codoforum/sys/CODOF/Hook.php" ["line"]=> int(65) ["function"]=> string(20) "call_user_func_array" ["args"]=> array(2) { [0]=> &string(10) "add_sso_js" [1]=> &array(2) { [0]=> array(0) { } [1]=> array(0) { } } } } [3]=> array(6) { ["file"]=> string(58) "/membri/condmiramare/codoforum/sys/CODOF/Smarty/Layout.php" ["line"]=> int(20) ["function"]=> string(4) "call" ["class"]=> string(10) "CODOF\Hook" ["type"]=> string(2) "::" ["args"]=> array(1) { [0]=> &string(16) "before_site_head" } } [4]=> array(6) { ["file"]=> string(41) "/membri/condmiramare/codoforum/routes.php" ["line"]=> int(719) ["function"]=> string(4) "load" ["class"]=> string(19) "CODOF\Smarty\Layout" ["type"]=> string(2) "::" ["args"]=> array(3) { [0]=> &string(12) "forum/topics" [1]=> &array(1) { [0]=> string(6) "topics" } [2]=> &array(1) { [0]=> array(2) { [0]=> string(16) "topics/topics.js" [1]=> array(1) { ["type"]=> string(5) "defer" } } } } } [5]=> array(2) { ["function"]=> string(9) "{closure}" ["args"]=> array(0) { } } [6]=> array(4) { ["file"]=> string(60) "/membri/condmiramare/codoforum/sys/Ext/limonade/limonade.php" ["line"]=> int(429) ["function"]=> string(20) "call_user_func_array" ["args"]=> array(2) { [0]=> object(Closure)#91 (0) { } [1]=> &array(0) { } } } [7]=> array(4) { ["file"]=> string(59) "/membri/condmiramare/codoforum/sys/CODOF/Access/Request.php" ["line"]=> int(96) ["function"]=> string(3) "run" ["args"]=> array(0) { } } [8]=> array(6) { ["file"]=> string(41) "/membri/condmiramare/codoforum/routes.php" ["line"]=> int(727) ["function"]=> string(5) "start" ["class"]=> string(20) "CODOF\Access\Request" ["type"]=> string(2) "::" ["args"]=> array(0) { } } [9]=> array(4) { ["file"]=> string(40) "/membri/condmiramare/codoforum/index.php" ["line"]=> int(22) ["args"]=> array(1) { [0]=> string(41) "/membri/condmiramare/codoforum/routes.php" } ["function"]=> string(7) "require" } } 
Warning: Illegal string offset 'position' in /membri/condmiramare/codoforum/sys/globals/global.php on line 131

But... I repeat... the login goes!!!

I danno why I receive these errors...

Let me know as soon as posible

thankx

Ok well, I done all and codoforum goes well!!! it logme with SSO... But I find other error... If I enable SSO plugin I will have in codoforum page these errors: ```` ["line"]=> int(68) ["function"]=> string(6) "add_js" ["args"]=> array(2) { [0]=> &string(87) "http://condmiramare.altervista.org/codoforum/sites/default/plugins/sso/assets/js/sso.js" [1]=> &array(2) { ["name"]=> string(6) "sso.js" ["type"]=> string(5) "defer" } } } [1]=> array(2) { ["function"]=> string(10) "add_sso_js" ["args"]=> array(2) { [0]=> &array(0) { } [1]=> &array(0) { } } } [2]=> array(4) { ["file"]=> string(49) "/membri/condmiramare/codoforum/sys/CODOF/Hook.php" ["line"]=> int(65) ["function"]=> string(20) "call_user_func_array" ["args"]=> array(2) { [0]=> &string(10) "add_sso_js" [1]=> &array(2) { [0]=> array(0) { } [1]=> array(0) { } } } } [3]=> array(6) { ["file"]=> string(58) "/membri/condmiramare/codoforum/sys/CODOF/Smarty/Layout.php" ["line"]=> int(20) ["function"]=> string(4) "call" ["class"]=> string(10) "CODOF\Hook" ["type"]=> string(2) "::" ["args"]=> array(1) { [0]=> &string(16) "before_site_head" } } [4]=> array(6) { ["file"]=> string(41) "/membri/condmiramare/codoforum/routes.php" ["line"]=> int(719) ["function"]=> string(4) "load" ["class"]=> string(19) "CODOF\Smarty\Layout" ["type"]=> string(2) "::" ["args"]=> array(3) { [0]=> &string(12) "forum/topics" [1]=> &array(1) { [0]=> string(6) "topics" } [2]=> &array(1) { [0]=> array(2) { [0]=> string(16) "topics/topics.js" [1]=> array(1) { ["type"]=> string(5) "defer" } } } } } [5]=> array(2) { ["function"]=> string(9) "{closure}" ["args"]=> array(0) { } } [6]=> array(4) { ["file"]=> string(60) "/membri/condmiramare/codoforum/sys/Ext/limonade/limonade.php" ["line"]=> int(429) ["function"]=> string(20) "call_user_func_array" ["args"]=> array(2) { [0]=> object(Closure)#91 (0) { } [1]=> &array(0) { } } } [7]=> array(4) { ["file"]=> string(59) "/membri/condmiramare/codoforum/sys/CODOF/Access/Request.php" ["line"]=> int(96) ["function"]=> string(3) "run" ["args"]=> array(0) { } } [8]=> array(6) { ["file"]=> string(41) "/membri/condmiramare/codoforum/routes.php" ["line"]=> int(727) ["function"]=> string(5) "start" ["class"]=> string(20) "CODOF\Access\Request" ["type"]=> string(2) "::" ["args"]=> array(0) { } } [9]=> array(4) { ["file"]=> string(40) "/membri/condmiramare/codoforum/index.php" ["line"]=> int(22) ["args"]=> array(1) { [0]=> string(41) "/membri/condmiramare/codoforum/routes.php" } ["function"]=> string(7) "require" } } Warning: Illegal string offset 'position' in /membri/condmiramare/codoforum/sys/globals/global.php on line 131 ```` But... I repeat... the login goes!!! I danno why I receive these errors... Let me know as soon as posible thankx
edited Feb 26 '15 at 10:50 pm

This error was fixed in the latest version.

Which version of codoforum are you using ?

The latest version as of now is V3.1

This error was fixed in the latest version. Which version of codoforum are you using ? The latest version as of now is V3.1

hi adesh, I'm the same tha have the problem with new topic button...

The version of codoforum used is: codoforum 3.1 build 14

and I ave only these two errors/problems....

1) new topic button with doesn't go;
2) these errors after then I enable SSO login

for all the rest is all ok!!!

hi adesh, I'm the same tha have the problem with new topic button... The version of codoforum used is: codoforum 3.1 build 14 and I ave only these two errors/problems.... 1) new topic button with doesn't go; 2) these errors after then I enable SSO login for all the rest is all ok!!!
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft