FreiChat related discussions
Can't delete chat

FreiChat 1.0.3
HumHub 1.8.2

The module seems to be working fine. I did an early test with a test account I had made on the site... I was testing the feature of logging in w/ one's Google account, so I had my main admin account and then the Google version of my account as the 2nd test user. I then used these two accounts to test FreiChat.

I've since deleted the test Google account from HumHub, however when I'm signed into HumHub with my main admin account, FreiChat continues to show the old chat and Google user in the list even though the account is long gone. I can't find any way to delete the chat history and/or the user from the FreiChat list. What am I missing?

FreiChat 1.0.3 HumHub 1.8.2 The module seems to be working fine. I did an early test with a test account I had made on the site... I was testing the feature of logging in w/ one's Google account, so I had my main admin account and then the Google version of my account as the 2nd test user. I then used these two accounts to test FreiChat. I've since deleted the test Google account from HumHub, however when I'm signed into HumHub with my main admin account, FreiChat continues to show the old chat and Google user in the list even though the account is long gone. I can't find any way to delete the chat history and/or the user from the FreiChat list. What am I missing?

Hi @sremick

It may well be that the list is still stored in the browser's cache. This can happen quite often, so it is not a typical FreiChat thing.

What you can do is to press CTRL and F5 or STRG and F5 on the keyboard at the same time - this is the keyboard shortcut on desktop PCs to clear the cache.

The better variant is simply to call up the browser settings and go to the "Delete browser data" section there you can also renew the cache - this works on mobile phones, tablets and also on desktop PCs.

Let me know if it works please.

Kind regards,

Andy smile

Hi @sremick It may well be that the list is still stored in the **browser's cache**. This can happen **quite often**, so it is not a typical FreiChat thing. What you can do is to press** CTRL** and **F5** or **STRG** and **F5** on the keyboard at the same time - this is the keyboard shortcut on desktop PCs to clear the cache. The better variant is simply to call up the **browser settings** and go to the "**Delete browser data**" section there you can also **renew the cache** - this works on mobile phones, tablets and also on desktop PCs. Let me know if it works please. Kind regards, Andy :)

Ok, tried deleting cookies and cache, that didn't work, so I tried two different browsers, and the ghost account appears there as well. So it's nothing being saved at the browser end.

Ok, tried deleting cookies and cache, that didn't work, so I tried two different browsers, and the ghost account appears there as well. So it's nothing being saved at the browser end.

Ok then lets try out the 100% solution and lets ask us the FreiChat developer smile

@admin would you be so kind and help in that case please.

Thanks and kind regards,

Andy smile

Ok then lets try out the 100% solution and lets ask us the FreiChat developer :) @admin would you be so kind and help in that case please. Thanks and kind regards, Andy :)

Hi,

The freichat only saves new users and shows the latest users so that user will automatically disappear when new users come online.
We are planning to add an UI to manage the users from backend to directly delete unwanted users.

Hi, The freichat only saves new users and shows the latest users so that user will automatically disappear when new users come online. We are planning to add an UI to manage the users from backend to directly delete unwanted users.

The freichat only saves new users and shows the latest users so that user will automatically disappear when new users come online.

I've had other (actual) users come and go since, their names have appeared, disappeared, and reappeared on my chat list as they've come online and gone offline. But that one "ghost" test user just won't go away.

[quote="pid:24958, uid:12705"]The freichat only saves new users and shows the latest users so that user will automatically disappear when new users come online.[/quote] I've had other (actual) users come and go since, their names have appeared, disappeared, and reappeared on my chat list as they've come online and gone offline. But that one "ghost" test user just won't go away.

Hi @sremick

Can you email us the token generated in the humhub plug-in to admin[@]codologic.com?

Also please provide us with a test account so that we can have a look.

Thank you

Hi @sremick Can you email us the token generated in the humhub plug-in to admin[@]codologic.com? Also please provide us with a test account so that we can have a look. Thank you
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft