FreiChat related discussions
Freichat won't display window

I have a php site (pokecity.byethost.com/index ) that I installed freichat on, however when I installed, the window for the chat won't display, and the only thing that is displayed is this:

60739f3e18982

When I checked the console logs from inspect, it shows a 403 error for pokecity.byethost3.com/freichat/client/jquery/freichat_themes/freichatcss.php

60739fbe82010

I've tried to fix it by changing the chmod of freichatcss.php to 777, but it still won't display as it should.

I was wondering if there was something I did wrong and I'd be grateful if anyone could help provide insight on how to fix it.

Thanks!

I have a php site (pokecity.byethost.com/index ) that I installed freichat on, however when I installed, the window for the chat won't display, and the only thing that is displayed is this: ![60739f3e18982](serve/attachment&path=60739f3e18982) When I checked the console logs from inspect, it shows a 403 error for pokecity.byethost3.com/freichat/client/jquery/freichat_themes/freichatcss.php ![60739fbe82010](serve/attachment&path=60739fbe82010) I've tried to fix it by changing the chmod of freichatcss.php to 777, but it still won't display as it should. I was wondering if there was something I did wrong and I'd be grateful if anyone could help provide insight on how to fix it. Thanks!
edited Apr 12 at 2:20 am

Hi

You are using an outdated version of freichat.

Is your website running on any CMS or framework or is it a custom website?

Hi You are using an outdated version of freichat. Is your website running on any CMS or framework or is it a custom website?
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

It is a custom website with no cms. It's running on PHP 5.4, so I'm not sure if the latest version of Freichat would work,
but if you post the link, I'll try to re-install it and show you the results smile

It is a custom website with no cms. It's running on PHP 5.4, so I'm not sure if the latest version of Freichat would work, but if you post the link, I'll try to re-install it and show you the results :)
edited Apr 12 at 1:48 pm

@admin

For some reason the custom integration download will not show up on your website anymore. So I think there is no chance for people to download latest version now.

Only the following 6 versions will be shown as a option:

6074754f19dd6

Kind regards, Andy smile

@admin For some reason the custom integration download will not show up on your website anymore. So I think there is no chance for people to download latest version now. Only the following 6 versions will be shown as a option: ![6074754f19dd6](serve/attachment&path=6074754f19dd6) Kind regards, Andy :)

Thanks...so then, is it still possible for me to successfully install freichat on my website?

Thanks...so then, is it still possible for me to successfully install freichat on my website?

Hi

We can help you with doing a custom installation of the latest freichat.

However if you find it difficult you can opt for a paid yearly subscription and we will do it for you.

Hi We can help you with doing a custom installation of the latest freichat. However if you find it difficult you can opt for a paid yearly subscription and we will do it for you.
edited Apr 13 at 9:21 am

I would be very grateful if you could help me with the custom installation. smile

I would be very grateful if you could help me with the custom installation. :D

Hi,

For a basic load of the chat, you just have to load the following javascript code in a <script> tag

<script src="https://nodelb.freichat.com/api/v1/freichat-float.js?pubKey=PUBLIC_KEY&userId=USER_ID&displayName=NAME_ENC&displayImage=AVATAR_ENC"></script>

Note: NAME_ENC and AVATAR_ENC must be base 64 encoded.

You will get public key by creating an account here: https://app.freichat.com/
Create a new site after logging in.

We are adding a security layer over this in our next release so this may not work then, we will let you know how to add this when its released.

Hi, For a basic load of the chat, you just have to load the following javascript code in a `&lt;script&gt;` tag ``` &lt;script src=&quot;https://nodelb.freichat.com/api/v1/freichat-float.js?pubKey=PUBLIC_KEY&amp;userId=USER_ID&amp;displayName=NAME_ENC&amp;displayImage=AVATAR_ENC&quot;&gt;&lt;/script&gt; ``` **Note:** NAME_ENC and AVATAR_ENC must be base 64 encoded. You will get public key by creating an account here: https://app.freichat.com/ Create a new site after logging in. We are adding a security layer over this in our next release so this may not work then, we will let you know how to add this when its released.
edited Apr 13 at 8:23 pm

So...if I wanted freichat to appear on a given page, and for example I had a public key of KEY1234, then I would just have to go to my php file and paste the following, right?

<script src="https://nodelb.freichat.com/api/v1/freichat-float.js?pubKey=KEY1234&userId=USER_ID&displayName=NAME_ENC&displayImage=AVATAR_ENC"></script>

So...if I wanted freichat to appear on a given page, and for example I had a public key of KEY1234, then I would just have to go to my php file and paste the following, right? &lt;script src=&quot;https://nodelb.freichat.com/api/v1/freichat-float.js?pubKey=KEY1234&amp;userId=USER_ID&amp;displayName=NAME_ENC&amp;displayImage=AVATAR_ENC&quot;&gt;&lt;/script&gt;

Yes that's right. Note that the avatar is the encoded URL and not the binary data

Yes that&#039;s right. Note that the avatar is the encoded URL and not the binary data
edited Apr 15 at 9:03 am
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft