Codoforum related discussions
[Question] Is it possible to create a custom homepage?

Hello,

Today I wondered if it was possible to create a custom homepage instead of it being the forum as default.

I tried some methods I had in mind, like checking backend or moving the existing "index.php" file to a different destination however I could find any success in both of the methods.

I would like to know how you can/if you can create a custom homepage.

Thanks,
Name

Hello, Today I wondered if it was possible to create a custom homepage instead of it being the forum as default. I tried some methods I had in mind, like checking backend or moving the existing "index.php" file to a different destination however I could find any success in both of the methods. I would like to know how you can/if you can create a custom homepage. Thanks, Name

Ya it is possible and not hat hard to do.
All you have to do is to install Codoforum in a sub-directory / sub-folder. Then you can host your homepage at document root folder.

You can check what I did: https://cute-but-evil.de/

I have a HTML homepage and my Codoforum is in a extra folder called "board". The navigation link from my homepage is pointing to the codoforum.

6068710dbf4cb

Try it that way - its easy.

Kind regards, Andy smile

Ya it is possible and not hat hard to do. All you have to do is to install Codoforum in a sub-directory / sub-folder. Then you can host your homepage at document root folder. You can check what I did: https://cute-but-evil.de/ I have a HTML homepage and my Codoforum is in a extra folder called "board". The navigation link from my homepage is pointing to the codoforum. ![6068710dbf4cb](serve/attachment&path=6068710dbf4cb) Try it that way - its easy. Kind regards, Andy :)
edited Apr 3 at 2:43 pm

Ya it is possible and not hat hard to do.
All you have to do is to install Codoforum in a sub-directory / sub-folder. Then you can host your homepage at document root folder.

You can check what I did: https://cute-but-evil.de/

I have a HTML homepage and my Codoforum is in a extra folder called "board". The navigation link from my homepage is pointing to the codoforum.

Try it that way - its easy.

Kind regards, Andy

Hello,

Thank you for the reply, this should hopefully help me
Thanks again

[quote="pid:24834, uid:8261"]Ya it is possible and not hat hard to do. All you have to do is to install Codoforum in a sub-directory / sub-folder. Then you can host your homepage at document root folder. You can check what I did: https://cute-but-evil.de/ I have a HTML homepage and my Codoforum is in a extra folder called "board". The navigation link from my homepage is pointing to the codoforum. Try it that way - its easy. Kind regards, Andy[/quote] Hello, Thank you for the reply, this should hopefully help me Thanks again

If you need further help let me know it

Hello, me again

It has somewhat worked for me however my site already has an active database.

I've tried to re-install the site using the same database however I haven't been so successful in doing so.

When I try to type in the prefix option it goes all odd.
It was so bad once it actually broke the database meaning I had to make a new one.

Any idea on how I can successfully re-import the database?

It's alright if not, you've been really helpful regardless.

Thanks

[quote="pid:24837, uid:8261"]If you need further help let me know it[/quote] Hello, me again It has somewhat worked for me however my site already has an active database. I've tried to re-install the site using the same database however I haven't been so successful in doing so. When I try to type in the prefix option it goes all odd. It was so bad once it actually broke the database meaning I had to make a new one. Any idea on how I can successfully re-import the database? It's alright if not, you've been really helpful regardless. Thanks

I think You should be able to import your old database tables into the new one with the help of the software phpMyAdmin

I think You should be able to import your old database tables into the new one with the help of the software **phpMyAdmin**

Hi,

If its just a simple page, you can create a page using Pages menu in backend and then edit the routes to redirect to this page instead of the topic page. If you want to do it this way, we can help you with editing the routes for the redirection.

Hi, If its just a simple page, you can create a page using Pages menu in backend and then edit the routes to redirect to this page instead of the topic page. If you want to do it this way, we can help you with editing the routes for the redirection.
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

Sorry for the late reply. Create a page from backend like this:

60809d73eb627

Then add this line around line 884 in routes.php i.e replace

if ($user->can('view forum')) {

with

if ($user->can('view forum')) {
header("Location: " . RURI . "page/8");

The number 8 is from the url you see in the page created in above image

Sorry for the late reply. Create a page from backend like this: ![60809d73eb627](serve/attachment&path=60809d73eb627) Then add this line around line 884 in routes.php i.e replace ``` if ($user->can('view forum')) { ``` with ``` if ($user->can('view forum')) { header("Location: " . RURI . "page/8"); ``` The number 8 is from the url you see in the page created in above image
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!
edited Apr 21 at 10:48 pm
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft