General discussion
I assume this software is not open-source?

I read the very short Terms of Service and judging by this line

You agree not to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, transfer, create derivate work from, sell or re-sell any content or information obtained from or through the Site.

(which derivative is misspelled btw)

This software is not open-source? Correct?

I read the very short Terms of Service and judging by this line > You agree not to modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, license, transfer, create derivate work from, sell or re-sell any content or information obtained from or through the Site. (which derivative is misspelled btw) This software is not open-source? Correct?

Hi,

Thank you for pointing out the spelling error, we will have it corrected.

The text you quoted from "Terms of Service" only applies to the website and not to the software.

Please read the license.txt file available in install directory available in codoforum.
Here is a gist of the license:

Codoforum by CODLOGIC is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/3.0/legalcode

The general idea is that Codoforum is a free software. You're free to modify it for your personal use. It is covered by a CC-BY-ND public license, so attribution to codologic.com is obligatory. If you want to remove links to codologic.com, you may order a commercial license.

Hi, Thank you for pointing out the spelling error, we will have it corrected. The text you quoted from "Terms of Service" only applies to the website and not to the software. Please read the license.txt file available in _install_ directory available in codoforum. Here is a gist of the license: >Codoforum by CODLOGIC is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License. >http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/3.0/legalcode >The general idea is that Codoforum is a free software. You're free to modify it for your personal use. It is covered by a CC-BY-ND public license, so attribution to codologic.com is obligatory. If you want to remove links to codologic.com, you may order a commercial license.
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

Ah okay! I discovered Codo yesterday and its actually what I'm looking for. To be honest, I'm worried that I will integrate this software into my site and suddenly the support will disappear overtime. I would also like to contribute to theme design.

Ah okay! I discovered Codo yesterday and its actually what I'm looking for. To be honest, I'm worried that I will integrate this software into my site and suddenly the support will disappear overtime. I would also like to contribute to theme design.

Well the thing is, besides the bugs that was mentioned to admin, and with a hopefully new release 5.0, there is really not much to work with here. This forum platform got all the functions its needed for community or other projects.

Truth, it does lack of themes. I personaly like the original look, but others might want different styles. I can easily create a theme, but i have problems with color combinations. Dont have a designer mind. But, if you can, do so and ask question if needed. smile

Well the thing is, besides the bugs that was mentioned to admin, and with a hopefully new release 5.0, there is really not much to work with here. This forum platform got all the functions its needed for community or other projects. Truth, it does lack of themes. I personaly like the original look, but others might want different styles. I can easily create a theme, but i have problems with color combinations. Dont have a designer mind. But, if you can, do so and ask question if needed. :)

My page http://russianmichigan.ml/MadRomas

@nabix you dont have to worry about the support or about that maybe the development will get stoped.

The Codologic team is working on that software for over 10 years now and they never stoped with giving support or to fix issues. They always try to modernice her software and keep it up to date. Smaller errors will always get fixed in around 2-3 days (in most cases quicker).

Kind regards, Andy smile

@nabix you dont have to worry about the support or about that maybe the development will get stoped. The Codologic team is working on that software for over 10 years now and they never stoped with giving support or to fix issues. They always try to modernice her software and keep it up to date. Smaller errors will always get fixed in around 2-3 days (in most cases quicker). Kind regards, Andy :)

🚽 planing my next project 🪔

Check my GitHub Repos: https://github.com/WebCrew

My CrazyMates Account: https://crazymates.de/Crazymate

edited Aug 2 at 4:29 pm
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft