Suggestion Box
[suggestion] Add Admin Menu button to Forum admin's menu

SUGGESTION 1:
So when someone is an admin user but logged into /forum/ they need to re-authenticate again in /forum/admin/ which is kinda silly.

Could you add something that to the menu list, like: 'View Profile' 'Admin Menu' 'Edit' 'Logout' so it automatically recognizes you as admin and logs in.

This would be more professional.

SUGGESTION 2:
Change status of live chat to 'Away' 'Busy' 'Appear Offline', it kinda shows me as always online.. but i am not always behind my keyboard.

**SUGGESTION 1:** So when someone is an admin user but logged into /forum/ they need to re-authenticate again in /forum/admin/ which is kinda silly. Could you add something that to the menu list, like: 'View Profile' 'Admin Menu' 'Edit' 'Logout' so it automatically recognizes you as admin and logs in. This would be more professional. **SUGGESTION 2:** Change status of live chat to 'Away' 'Busy' 'Appear Offline', it kinda shows me as always online.. but i am not always behind my keyboard.
edited Feb 20 at 9:10 pm

Hi,

Thank you for the suggestions.

Your suggestion 1 is valid but the problem is the forum has multiple sources of login.
For eg. social logins like Facebook, Google and SSO login integrations with any existing websites.

So, we have made sure that the user can log in to the admin only via password which seems more secure.
What do you think?

As for your suggestion 2, yes we will definitely be adding that feature soon.

Hi, Thank you for the suggestions. Your suggestion 1 is valid but the problem is the forum has multiple sources of login. For eg. social logins like Facebook, Google and SSO login integrations with any existing websites. So, we have made sure that the user can log in to the admin only via password which seems more secure. What do you think? As for your suggestion 2, yes we will definitely be adding that feature soon.
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

@admin

I don't know.. i would say make it optional as for me it would be more easy to have a button where i can just click 'Admin Menu' from within the forum.

Making this a choise would give me the ability to disable this in case i want extra security.

@admin I don't know.. i would say make it optional as for me it would be more easy to have a button where i can just click 'Admin Menu' from within the forum. Making this a choise would give me the ability to disable this in case i want extra security.
edited Feb 24 at 7:10 pm
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft