General discussion
Facebook Login Twitter login and the rest

Hello...
At the moment I'm very frustrated by the lack of documentation in codoforum. Out of the box I had the struggle of getting freichat to work and by accident I found out there was a bug in one of the installer files which just doesn't seem to get rectified (If I would distribute software I would take these errors out! So they're not in there on download for new adapters).
Now I'm completely stuck on the uni_login... I managed to get google to work but thats it. And to be honest I don't have the time energy and willpower to go through the process of debugging and searching endlessly for a solution... THESE ARE out of the box plugins. There is no guide or anything anything about this except for google. All documentation or posts I can find are either incomplete or simply wrong. When there is an answer from codoforum they assume you now every file by heart and are in their head or something. To get the point is there anywhere a guide to implement facebook and twitter login. The problem with facebook is that it goes to the facebook page asks me to login and then simply return to the login page on the forum like nothing ha happened. I tried everything with redirect url's and I can't get it to work! With twitter again the normal install procedure is just wrong if I put the callback URL into twitter it says that queries are not allowed. This is a copy and a paste from YOUR documentation. Is there anything else I can try or should I just wipe the domains I put this on and switch to Vanilla or something where I can find how to implement stuff? (Again out of the box not 8 hours+ of googling and tearing my hair out)? Thanks in advance

Hello... At the moment I'm very frustrated by the lack of documentation in codoforum. Out of the box I had the struggle of getting freichat to work and by accident I found out there was a bug in one of the installer files which just doesn't seem to get rectified (If I would distribute software I would take these errors out! So they're not in there on download for new adapters). Now I'm completely stuck on the uni_login... I managed to get google to work but thats it. And to be honest I don't have the time energy and willpower to go through the process of debugging and searching endlessly for a solution... THESE ARE out of the box plugins. There is no guide or anything anything about this except for google. All documentation or posts I can find are either incomplete or simply wrong. When there is an answer from codoforum they assume you now every file by heart and are in their head or something. To get the point is there anywhere a guide to implement facebook and twitter login. The problem with facebook is that it goes to the facebook page asks me to login and then simply return to the login page on the forum like nothing ha happened. I tried everything with redirect url's and I can't get it to work! With twitter again the normal install procedure is just wrong if I put the callback URL into twitter it says that queries are not allowed. This is a copy and a paste from YOUR documentation. Is there anything else I can try or should I just wipe the domains I put this on and switch to Vanilla or something where I can find how to implement stuff? (Again out of the box not 8 hours+ of googling and tearing my hair out)? Thanks in advance
edited Jan 18 at 6:29 pm

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply. The first thing to get it working with facebook is to enable search engine friendly urls.
Have you done this? If not we can help with that.

Hi, Sorry for the late reply. The first thing to get it working with facebook is to enable search engine friendly urls. Have you done this? If not we can help with that.
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft