Codoforum related discussions
Personal Messages

Any news yet on when we will be able to send personal messages from the Forum?

Trevor.

Any news yet on when we will be able to send personal messages from the Forum? Trevor.

Hi,

You can already do so using pmx plugin

Hi, You can already do so using pmx plugin
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

Sorry, I have no idea what a pmx plugin is or what I would do with it if I had one!

All our Members want to do is to be able to click on a name and be able to send that person a message direct.

Can we do that or is it possible?

Trevor.

Sorry, I have no idea what a pmx plugin is or what I would do with it if I had one! All our Members want to do is to be able to click on a name and be able to send that person a message direct. Can we do that or is it possible? Trevor.

Helloooooo. Is there anybody there?

What's a pmx plugin and what do you do with it?

Trevor.

Helloooooo. Is there anybody there? What's a pmx plugin and what do you do with it? Trevor.

You have to install the pmx plugin from the plugins page in the backend.
You will then be able to see the pm option in the header menu

You have to install the pmx plugin from the plugins page in the backend. You will then be able to see the pm option in the header menu

OK, we have had the plugin installed and, yes, it does send a personal message but the person being messaged has no notification of that message.

What I meant by

when we will be able to send personal messages from the Forum?

was a personal message direct to a personal email account.

Trevor.

OK, we have had the plugin installed and, yes, it does send a personal message but the person being messaged has no notification of that message. What I meant by > when we will be able to send personal messages from the Forum? was a personal message direct to a personal email account. Trevor.

Hi,

We have yet to add email notifications for offline users. Sorry for the confusion.

Hi, We have yet to add email notifications for offline users. Sorry for the confusion.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft