General discussion

Hi,

Our Group has just started using Codoforum and most of us are some difficulty in using the avatar upload function in that it doesn't seem to work reliably.​

One of our Members posted this.​

_I got the impression people were saying they couldn't get the 'Change' button to be clicked to even start the process. Or are there multiple problems. I have to say, on my desktop, the Change (avatar) button doesn't change appearance when your mouse pointer hovers over it (to indicate it's actually a button)! The mouse pointer changes shape very briefly when over a very thin (Y-axis) area at the bottom of the 'button', possibly only a few pixels high. Though clicking does work over any part of the button (choose picture dialog appears). This is Chrome on Win 10.​
Ha, just tried it with MS Edge. With Edge, the 'Change' button changes shade of grey and the mouse pointer changes when it passes over the button. But clicking the button does sweet FA!​
Internet Explorer - the button doesn't change colour but the mouse pointer does change when over the area, and clicking it produces the picture chooser dialog.​
So different behaviour on three browsers on a single platform. Hmmmm.

Is it us or the Forum?

Trevor.

Hi, ​ Our Group has just started using Codoforum and most of us are some difficulty in using the avatar upload function in that it doesn't seem to work reliably.​ ​ One of our Members posted this.​ ​ _**I got the impression people were saying they couldn't get the 'Change' button to be clicked to even start the process. Or are there multiple problems. I have to say, on my desktop, the Change (avatar) button doesn't change appearance when your mouse pointer hovers over it (to indicate it's actually a button)! The mouse pointer changes shape very briefly when over a very thin (Y-axis) area at the bottom of the 'button', possibly only a few pixels high. Though clicking does work over any part of the button (choose picture dialog appears). This is Chrome on Win 10.​ Ha, just tried it with MS Edge. With Edge, the 'Change' button changes shade of grey and the mouse pointer changes when it passes over the button. But clicking the button does sweet FA!​ Internet Explorer - the button doesn't change colour but the mouse pointer does change when over the area, and clicking it produces the picture chooser dialog.​ So different behaviour on three browsers on a single platform. Hmmmm. ** Is it us or the Forum? Trevor.

Sorry it is the forum. The avatar upload feature was made quite a long time back and due to a lot of changes its not working as intended.

We will be rewriting that part so it works perfectly on all browsers.

Sorry it is the forum. The avatar upload feature was made quite a long time back and due to a lot of changes its not working as intended. We will be rewriting that part so it works perfectly on all browsers.
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

Thank you. A lot of our Members are finding it very frustrating.

Trevor.

Thank you. A lot of our Members are finding it very frustrating. Trevor.

Our Members have been persevering and the Avatar appears to work in Chrome.

It works in Edge too you click to the right of the "Change" button. The active area does not seem to overlap with the button at all...

Our Members have been persevering and the Avatar appears to work in Chrome. It works in Edge too you click to the right of the "Change" button. The active area does not seem to overlap with the button at all...
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft