Codoforum related discussions
How to moderate topics and posts

Could you please tell me how to moderate a post or topic.
I am set up as an admin with moderate post and topics enabled but cannot see what the mechanism is for actually doing this.

Is it possible to moderate or check a post or topic before it goes live on the forum for everyone to view?

Could you please tell me how to moderate a post or topic. I am set up as an admin with moderate post and topics enabled but cannot see what the mechanism is for actually doing this. Is it possible to moderate or check a post or topic before it goes live on the forum for everyone to view?

Hi,

It gives moderator role to the user who can approve topics or replies that are pending to be approved.

It is accessible from https://Your_forum_Url/index.php?u=/moderation (Replace with your forum link)

The topics that have been detected as spam by the auto spam filter end up in this list.

We will be extending it to add support for adding restrictions on topic/post creation which will make sure all new topics/posts end up in moderation queue which is probably what you are looking for.

Hi, It gives moderator role to the user who can approve topics or replies that are pending to be approved. It is accessible from https://Your_forum_Url/index.php?u=/moderation (Replace with your forum link) The topics that have been detected as spam by the auto spam filter end up in this list. We will be extending it to add support for adding restrictions on topic/post creation which will make sure all new topics/posts end up in moderation queue which is probably what you are looking for.
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

Thank you for your reply.

I have used the link you gave me to see the moderation queue but it say "No topics/posts to moderate". How do I set the system so that posts made by members are added to this queue ie they are pending?

When you say "We will be extending it........" does this mean that this facility is not yet in place and if so when can I expect to be able to do this?

Thank you for your reply. I have used the link you gave me to see the moderation queue but it say "No topics/posts to moderate". How do I set the system so that posts made by members are added to this queue ie they are pending? When you say "We will be extending it........" does this mean that this facility is not yet in place and if so when can I expect to be able to do this?

Hi,

When you say "We will be extending it........" does this mean that this facility is not yet in place and if so when can I expect to be able to do this?

Yes, you are right. It is not yet implemented.
We are working on it so you can expect it to be available in our next release which is probably in mid December.

Hi, >When you say "We will be extending it........" does this mean that this facility is not yet in place and if so when can I expect to be able to do this? Yes, you are right. It is not yet implemented. We are working on it so you can expect it to be available in our next release which is probably in mid December.
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft