FreiChat related discussions
Video Chat Text becomes unresponsive after 5-10 lines of input

Hi,

Although the video chat somewhat now works since you sent me the code to include on more detailed use (that is where someone types in more than just 5-10 lines of text you will find that the Chat stops working. That is to say the text neither scrolls up allowing room for new text to be added at the bottom nor does it even allow you to "enter" text. As if it has a 5 line maximum entry. This sort of chat typing input behavior is not ideal for a chatroom as users should be able to type more than 5-10 lines of text during a video conversation.

If you could take a look at this (you have the login details as I have not changed them)

Also, I did earlier ask when are you roughly expecting to have the "update" for the video chat ready but somehow I did not get any response on that question from you. If you could let me know that would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bami

Hi, Although the video chat somewhat now works since you sent me the code to include on more detailed use (that is where someone types in more than just 5-10 lines of text you will find that the Chat stops working. That is to say the text neither scrolls up allowing room for new text to be added at the bottom nor does it even allow you to "enter" text. As if it has a 5 line maximum entry. This sort of chat typing input behavior is not ideal for a chatroom as users should be able to type more than 5-10 lines of text during a video conversation. If you could take a look at this (you have the login details as I have not changed them) Also, I did earlier ask when are you roughly expecting to have the "update" for the video chat ready but somehow I did not get any response on that question from you. If you could let me know that would be appreciated. Thanks Bami

Hi,

We will have a look at it.

Also, I did earlier ask when are you roughly expecting to have the "update" for the video chat ready but somehow I did not get any response on that question from you. If you could let me know that would be appreciated.

We already told this twice before. It may take anywhere between one to two months.

Hi, We will have a look at it. >Also, I did earlier ask when are you roughly expecting to have the "update" for the video chat ready but somehow I did not get any response on that question from you. If you could let me know that would be appreciated. We already told this twice before. It may take anywhere between one to two months.
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

Dear Customer Service,

Thanks for your feedback and it helps to know that you will look into why the video chat is restricted in the content that can be typed in the chat window;

Also thanks for the update on when the next video conference PRO application will be updated so we at least now have a guideline on when to expect it: That said you mentioned you had (I quote) "....answered that question 'twice' already but could you point out to me "where" in ALL the replies you have provided to date that this is the case that you mentioned it as we cannot see it! (see cut and paste below of all replies posted by yourself to date:

Finally, on the issue of the "Sub-Folder" I am still a bit lost on how to resolve this as Freichat installs in its own separate folder/container as it (for a long time now) is not installed using the normal (Install Manager) Joomla component installation technique so when it comes to "Sub-Folder/Separate Joomla installs"smile one cannot just install a second instance of Freichat as a "component" install using install manager in a separate sub-folder with its own instance of Joomla. if YOU know of a way to do that could you then let me know as I cant see how that is done as if hat was possible then there would not be the very problem I reported as that sub-folder instance of Joomla would run its own FREICHAT instance and that would work fine for us too.

Thanks
Bami

YOUR PAST CORRESPONDENCES:

admin@codologic.com posted  2018-09-11, 04:25 pm

Hi,

We have found the problem. Can you make the following fix:

Open freichat/client/plugins/videochat/videochat.php

Around line 275, add below line:

<script src="../../api.js"></script>

Dear Customer Service, Thanks for your feedback and it helps to know that you will look into why the video chat is restricted in the content that can be typed in the chat window; Also thanks for the update on when the next video conference PRO application will be updated so we at least now have a guideline on when to expect it: That said you mentioned you had (I quote) &quot;....answered that question &#039;twice&#039; already but could you point out to me &quot;where&quot; in ALL the replies you have provided to date that this is the case that you mentioned it as we cannot see it! (see cut and paste below of all replies posted by yourself to date: Finally, on the issue of the &quot;Sub-Folder&quot; I am still a bit lost on how to resolve this as Freichat installs in its own separate folder/container as it (for a long time now) is not installed using the normal (Install Manager) Joomla component installation technique so when it comes to &quot;Sub-Folder/Separate Joomla installs&quot;) one cannot just install a second instance of Freichat as a &quot;component&quot; install using install manager in a separate sub-folder with its own instance of Joomla. if YOU know of a way to do that could you then let me know as I cant see how that is done as if hat was possible then there would not be the very problem I reported as that sub-folder instance of Joomla would run its own FREICHAT instance and that would work fine for us too. Thanks Bami ------------------- YOUR PAST CORRESPONDENCES: ---------- admin@codologic.com posted 2018-09-11, 04:25 pm Hi, We have found the problem. Can you make the following fix: Open freichat/client/plugins/videochat/videochat.php Around line 275, add below line: &lt;script src=&quot;../../api.js&quot;&gt;&lt;/script&gt;

Hi,

Finally, on the issue of the "Sub-Folder" I am still a bit lost on how to resolve this as Freichat installs in its own separate folder/container as it (for a long time now) is not installed using the normal (Install Manager) Joomla component installation technique so when it comes to "Sub-Folder/Separate Joomla installs"smile one cannot just install a second instance of Freichat as a "co...

Can you please describe your use case ? It will be easier to help if we know what you are trying to achieve.
Do you want to install freichat on two different websites running on Joomla ?
In that case you just have to install freichat twice by keeping freichat folder in respective joomla folders.

That said you mentioned you had (I quote) "....answered that question 'twice' already but could you point out to me "where" in ALL the replies you have provided to date that this is the case that

I am sorry if I was wrong when I said twice because I might have said the same thing to two different people too. I did find one instance though: https://codologic.com/forum/index.php?u=/topic/10232/re-incase-the-ticket-emailing-system-is-again-playing-up-and-you-do-not-receive-entries-i-am-posting-it-here/1#post-20847

Hi, &gt;Finally, on the issue of the &quot;Sub-Folder&quot; I am still a bit lost on how to resolve this as Freichat installs in its own separate folder/container as it (for a long time now) is not installed using the normal (Install Manager) Joomla component installation technique so when it comes to &quot;Sub-Folder/Separate Joomla installs&quot;smile one cannot just install a second instance of Freichat as a &quot;co... Can you please describe your use case ? It will be easier to help if we know what you are trying to achieve. Do you want to install freichat on two different websites running on Joomla ? In that case you just have to install freichat twice by keeping freichat folder in respective joomla folders. &gt;That said you mentioned you had (I quote) &quot;....answered that question &#039;twice&#039; already but could you point out to me &quot;where&quot; in ALL the replies you have provided to date that this is the case that I am sorry if I was wrong when I said twice because I might have said the same thing to two different people too. I did find one instance though: https://codologic.com/forum/index.php?u=/topic/10232/re-incase-the-ticket-emailing-system-is-again-playing-up-and-you-do-not-receive-entries-i-am-posting-it-here/1#post-20847
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

1) Just seen your reply (as I had earlier checked the "Ticket" but it seems the Ticketing system is not being used often so I will have to keep an eye on the forum as it seems you use that more {I only added comments to the forum because the ticket system often never got timely responses}). Anyway, I shall make the changes you have here described in code and will let you know the results once I have done so later this weekend.

2) The way we are implementing joomla is that we will have "One" domain but to avoid possible database cross entries and spillage as well as to make things look seamless we will be using "sub-folders with a separate install of joomla for parts of the site. So far from our testing it works well and we aim to keep it that way when we do finally get the site into production. Thus, the "menu" is what is used to access that portion of the site that sits on its own joomla instance. But it seems the answer you gave will work to overcome this issue as I shall try and install freichat in that sub-folder when I get some free time

3) We are used to using the Ticketing system for any troubleshooting/resolutions hence why we look at the ticket. The forum was only used as a last resort because we were not getting any updates on the ticket. it may be best to let the ticket system do what it was designed for and avoid people using the forum for ticket issues that way entries do not cross.

Anyway, thanks for the update and we look forward to the update of the video chat as we (and we hope many others) see promise in that service (Skype has dominated for too long and some "competition/cheaper Alternatives" is needed in that particular service) if the interface can be redesigned a little to be more exciting.

Oh! just one last thing. Is it possible to have more than just two people on a video chat? I ask because on the chat module it says "Add User" to call! But when you try to even "search" for a user it hardly finds the user that is online nor can you actually add a user to the video call. Maybe I am missing something that is written in the video chat documentation (though I have not seen that document yet either) which I shall try and look for.

Thanks
Bami

1) Just seen your reply (as I had earlier checked the &quot;Ticket&quot; but it seems the Ticketing system is not being used often so I will have to keep an eye on the forum as it seems you use that more {I only added comments to the forum because the ticket system often never got timely responses}). Anyway, I shall make the changes you have here described in code and will let you know the results once I have done so later this weekend. 2) The way we are implementing joomla is that we will have &quot;One&quot; domain but to avoid possible database cross entries and spillage as well as to make things look seamless we will be using &quot;sub-folders with a separate install of joomla for parts of the site. So far from our testing it works well and we aim to keep it that way when we do finally get the site into production. Thus, the &quot;menu&quot; is what is used to access that portion of the site that sits on its own joomla instance. But it seems the answer you gave will work to overcome this issue as I shall try and install freichat in that sub-folder when I get some free time 3) We are used to using the Ticketing system for any troubleshooting/resolutions hence why we look at the ticket. The forum was only used as a last resort because we were not getting any updates on the ticket. it may be best to let the ticket system do what it was designed for and avoid people using the forum for ticket issues that way entries do not cross. Anyway, thanks for the update and we look forward to the update of the video chat as we (and we hope many others) see promise in that service (Skype has dominated for too long and some &quot;competition/cheaper Alternatives&quot; is needed in that particular service) if the interface can be redesigned a little to be more exciting. Oh! just one last thing. Is it possible to have more than just two people on a video chat? I ask because on the chat module it says &quot;Add User&quot; to call! But when you try to even &quot;search&quot; for a user it hardly finds the user that is online nor can you actually add a user to the video call. Maybe I am missing something that is written in the video chat documentation (though I have not seen that document yet either) which I shall try and look for. Thanks Bami
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft