FreiChat related discussions
Username is not showing up

I initially installed Freichat locally to test and it installed perfectly. So then I installed it on our internal server to use with on of our applications. The chat message window shows up however it does not show the logged in user's name instead it shows as guest. It is passing the userid to freichat/main.php

<script type="text/javascript" language="javascipt" src="freichat/client/main.php?id=1&xhash=fd8f364391f8f26eec108dc97076a773">
</script><link rel="stylesheet" href="freichat/client/jquery/freichat_themes/freichatcss.php" type="text/css">


But once it gets there it just goes to 0 and guest:
// GEN => GENERAL   CONFIGURATION
GEN : {
is_guest : '0',//
url:'https://stg-testcase.flex125.com/freichat/',
ses_status:'1',//
reidfrom:'1385612634',//
getid:'1',
fromname:'Guest-9ub',
custom_mesg:Get_Cookie('frei_custom_mesg'),
time:Get_Cookie('frei_time'),
fromid:'1385612634',
referer:window.location.href,
rtl:'',
content_height:'200px',
user_defined_chatbox_content_status:'false',
BOOT:'yes',
force_load_jquery: 'NO',
custom_error_handling: 'YES'
},


I have verified that it is calling the correct fields in the database to get the username. As I mentioned, this is working fine on my local wamp but not on the server. This is an internal server so I am unable to send any links. Also, on the admin page, the Moderation Page only has the side menu and your logo at the top. The rest of the page is blank. On my local version it has the table with the list of users, number of messages etc. I did a reinstall to see if any of this would be corrected and it didn't help.

I initially installed Freichat locally to test and it installed perfectly. So then I installed it on our internal server to use with on of our applications. The chat message window shows up however it does not show the logged in user&#039;s name instead it shows as guest. It is passing the userid to freichat/main.php &amp;lt;code&amp;gt; &amp;lt;script type=&quot;text/javascript&quot; language=&quot;javascipt&quot; src=&quot;freichat/client/main.php?id=1&amp;xhash=fd8f364391f8f26eec108dc97076a773&quot;&amp;gt; &amp;lt;/script&amp;gt; &amp;lt;link rel=&quot;stylesheet&quot; href=&quot;freichat/client/jquery/freichat_themes/freichatcss.php&quot; type=&quot;text/css&quot;&amp;gt; &amp;lt;/code&amp;gt; But once it gets there it just goes to 0 and guest: &amp;lt;code&amp;gt; // GEN =&amp;gt; GENERAL CONFIGURATION GEN : { is_guest : &#039;0&#039;,// url:&#039;https://stg-testcase.flex125.com/freichat/&#039;, ses_status:&#039;1&#039;,// reidfrom:&#039;1385612634&#039;,// getid:&#039;1&#039;, fromname:&#039;Guest-9ub&#039;, custom_mesg:Get_Cookie(&#039;frei_custom_mesg&#039;), time:Get_Cookie(&#039;frei_time&#039;), fromid:&#039;1385612634&#039;, referer:window.location.href, rtl:&#039;&#039;, content_height:&#039;200px&#039;, user_defined_chatbox_content_status:&#039;false&#039;, BOOT:&#039;yes&#039;, force_load_jquery: &#039;NO&#039;, custom_error_handling: &#039;YES&#039; }, &amp;lt;/code&amp;gt; I have verified that it is calling the correct fields in the database to get the username. As I mentioned, this is working fine on my local wamp but not on the server. This is an internal server so I am unable to send any links. Also, on the admin page, the Moderation Page only has the side menu and your logo at the top. The rest of the page is blank. On my local version it has the table with the list of users, number of messages etc. I did a reinstall to see if any of this would be corrected and it didn&#039;t help.

I guess you have done custom installation .

Are the table names correct in freichat/hardcode.php ?

I guess you have done custom installation . Are the table names correct in freichat/hardcode.php ?
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

The issue was with this line:

if(!function_exists("freichatx_get_hash")){
function freichatx_get_hash($ses){


if(is_file("/var/www/stg-testcase/web/freichat/hardcode.php")){ //use on staging
require "/var/www/stg-testcase/web/freichat/hardcode.php";

$temp_id = $ses . $uid;
return md5($temp_id);
}
else
{
echo "<script>alert('module freichatx says: hardcode.php file not found!');</script>";
}
return 0;
}

I think I was calling the page incorrectly. Now it is correctly showing the usernames and the Moderation page is displaying correctly. The only issue now is that it is not showing up in IE (9). Could it be because the url is HTTPS and it is calling the gravatars link which is HTTP?

The issue was with this line: &amp;lt;code&amp;gt; if(!function_exists(&quot;freichatx_get_hash&quot;)){ function freichatx_get_hash($ses){ if(is_file(&quot;/var/www/stg-testcase/web/freichat/hardcode.php&quot;)){ //use on staging require &quot;/var/www/stg-testcase/web/freichat/hardcode.php&quot;; $temp_id = $ses . $uid; return md5($temp_id); } else { echo &quot;&amp;lt;script&amp;gt;alert(&#039;module freichatx says: hardcode.php file not found!&#039;);&amp;lt;/script&amp;gt;&quot;; } return 0; } &amp;lt;/code&amp;gt; I think I was calling the page incorrectly. Now it is correctly showing the usernames and the Moderation page is displaying correctly. The only issue now is that it is not showing up in IE (9). Could it be because the url is HTTPS and it is calling the gravatars link which is HTTP?

Are you getting any errors in IE 9 ?

Is it working in IE 10 ?

Are you getting any errors in IE 9 ? Is it working in IE 10 ?
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!
125
5
0
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft