FreiChat related discussions
Server host reports high CPU usage

Hello,
I've been very happy with Freichat but today we had over a dozen people chatting and my web hosting got shut down for "high CPU overload".
We're running version 9.2 and using "Short Polling". Would using Comet polling be better?
Thanks!

Hello, I've been very happy with Freichat but today we had over a dozen people chatting and my web hosting got shut down for "high CPU overload". We're running version 9.2 and using "Short Polling". Would using Comet polling be better? Thanks!

Yes, using Comet is better than short polling and has less load on server. You can also try increasing the time between requests.

Yes, using Comet is better than short polling and has less load on server. You can also try increasing the time between requests.
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

Thanks!
What should I use for the Comet polling time? I don't remember what was in there for the default before I changed it.

Thanks! What should I use for the Comet polling time? I don't remember what was in there for the default before I changed it.

The default was 30s . If your server can handle long connections, you can try increasing the time .

The default was 30s . If your server can handle long connections, you can try increasing the time .
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!
94
3
0
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft