FreiChat related discussions
Private Room doesn't ask for password

Installed Freichat v9.3 on my site (running Joomla 2.5.14) last night. After a few initial teething troubles with file permissions and having to clear browser cache/refresh page to get Chat room to show up and for it to recognise that there were users online, I tried posting a test message in a private room I had set up in the backend with a password. It just let me post without asking for the password though. I am logged in as website admin on one browser (Chrome) and as a regular user in another (Firefox). I can understand it allowing me to post as the admin without a password but the regular user should be asked for the password before seeing the option to use the room surely? I have restricted use of the whole chat to 4 Joomla usergroups and wondered if this conflicts with the private room settings?

Can anyone please advise how I can fix this? Also any help as to how I integrate avatars from my Kunena forum would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Installed Freichat v9.3 on <a target="_blank" href="http://klaine.co.uk">my site</a> (running Joomla 2.5.14) last night. After a few initial teething troubles with file permissions and having to clear browser cache/refresh page to get Chat room to show up and for it to recognise that there were users online, I tried posting a test message in a private room I had set up in the backend with a password. It just let me post without asking for the password though. I am logged in as website admin on one browser (Chrome) and as a regular user in another (Firefox). I can understand it allowing me to post as the admin without a password but the regular user should be asked for the password before seeing the option to use the room surely? I have restricted use of the whole chat to 4 Joomla usergroups and wondered if this conflicts with the private room settings? Can anyone please advise how I can fix this? Also any help as to how I integrate avatars from my Kunena forum would be gratefully received. Thanks

We would like to test this ; can you provide us with a test account ?

We would like to test this ; can you provide us with a test account ?
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

sure how do I send you the details? and what info do you need superuser/regular account logins and freichat admin password?

sure how do I send you the details? and what info do you need superuser/regular account logins and freichat admin password?

Sorry, but we did not receive your email . A normal user account is all that is required .

Sorry, but we did not receive your email . A normal user account is all that is required .
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

oh where did that go then I clicked on the contact button in your profile and sent the message that way will email instead.

oh where did that go then I clicked on the contact button in your profile and sent the message that way will email instead.
140
7
0
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft