FreiChat related discussions
freichat admin and module working, but no chat rooms visible

Hello,

after an installation problem (wrong folder) I reinstallad freichat at
http://www.lena-boehm.de/freichat.
and it seems to be working.

At least I can access administration and configure the module (i.e. changing the title for the chat).
But no other chat elements are visible, although the position-0 seems to be ok.

I would very much appreciate any help.
Best Regards
Oliver

Hello, after an installation problem (wrong folder) I reinstallad freichat at http://www.lena-boehm.de/freichat. and it seems to be working. At least I can access administration and configure the module (i.e. changing the title for the chat). But no other chat elements are visible, although the position-0 seems to be ok. I would very much appreciate any help. Best Regards Oliver

We did not find any problems when we visited your website , is your problem still present ?

We did not find any problems when we visited your website , is your problem still present ?
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

Yes, I dont see any errors either, but I also dont see more than the chat's title.

As far as I understand from the installation manual, by assigning the freechat module in Joomla to a valid position of the actual template (and a valid page) I should see the chat?
Or do I have to do additional configuration, e.g. assign other chat parts to other positions? The installation video suggests that the chat would be visible directly after installation and module assignment, is that right?

Yes, I dont see any errors either, but I also dont see more than the chat's title. As far as I understand from the installation manual, by assigning the freechat module in Joomla to a valid position of the actual template (and a valid page) I should see the chat? Or do I have to do additional configuration, e.g. assign other chat parts to other positions? The installation video suggests that the chat would be visible directly after installation and module assignment, is that right?

.. everything that is shown in the installation video from about 3:00 (video position), e.g. after Joomla module configuration is not visible:
- Button "chat room"
- dialogue "users"
....

I wonder if I better should use another joomla template? But I have tried with a default protostar template already, without more success.

.. everything that is shown in the installation video from about 3:00 (video position), e.g. after Joomla module configuration is not visible: - Button "chat room" - dialogue "users" .... I wonder if I better should use another joomla template? But I have tried with a default protostar template already, without more success.

But we are able to see the chat without problems , also attached a screenshot of the same .

Which browser are you using ? Try cleaning your browser cache .

But we are able to see the chat without problems , also attached a screenshot of the same . Which browser are you using ? Try cleaning your browser cache .
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

With Chrome I see the chat now, too.
With Safari and IE not.

With Chrome I see the chat now, too. With Safari and IE not.

Are you getting any errors in Safari ?
Chrome and Safari works almost the same so there should not be any problem .

Which version of IE are you using ?

Are you getting any errors in Safari ? Chrome and Safari works almost the same so there should not be any problem . Which version of IE are you using ?
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!
137
6
0
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft