FreiChat related discussions
Got Ghosts Guests?

Every other day or so the chat module on my site, which has a minimum of 10 members, will display a whopping 23-28 guests who appear out of nowhere and then vanish simultaneously 10 minutes later. I cannot 'see' these guests on my page counter. I cannot 'talk' to these guests. They never respond and almost always vanish one by one or simultaneously whenever I attempt to say "Hi...who the F$%K are you?"

So who or what are these ghosts guests, invisible to stat counters and completely non-interactive, haunting my site?

Is anyone else experiencing ghost guests?

Every other day or so the chat module on my site, which has a minimum of 10 members, will display a whopping 23-28 guests who appear out of nowhere and then vanish simultaneously 10 minutes later. I cannot 'see' these guests on my page counter. I cannot 'talk' to these guests. They never respond and almost always vanish one by one or simultaneously whenever I attempt to say "Hi...who the F$%K are you?" So who or what are these ghosts guests, invisible to stat counters and completely non-interactive, haunting my site? Is anyone else experiencing ghost guests?

From when are you experiencing this problem ?

Did you change anything in the backend ?

From when are you experiencing this problem ? Did you change anything in the backend ?
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

I have upgraded from 8.0 to 8.7. It works fine but I still get ghosts guests. They show up in the chat module in the lower right corner of browser. Then vanish after 1-3 minutes. Somtimes they sat for 10 minutes but they always appear at the same time and vanish at the same time. They do not 'talk' to anyone or respond to any queries. See the image uploaded ghost guests.png

I have upgraded from 8.0 to 8.7. It works fine but I still get ghosts guests. They show up in the chat module in the lower right corner of browser. Then vanish after 1-3 minutes. Somtimes they sat for 10 minutes but they always appear at the same time and vanish at the same time. They do not 'talk' to anyone or respond to any queries. See the image uploaded ghost guests.png

We will have some testing on this and will let you know .

We will have some testing on this and will let you know .
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!
53
3
0
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft