FreiChat related discussions
Wont show online users or chatroom users and rooms

I have what looks like the same problem as Tooga. I have installed Freichat 8.7 on localhost (wamp) with joomla 2.5.11 with the joomla driver, and the installation went without any issues. I used the Freichat-modul. When I enter the side, Freichat is there (as it it should be) but it says "You are the only one online here" in Users, and the small box in lower right corner says "Getting list of online users..". According to the video-tutorial, I should at least be able to do the guest chat (as it is done in the video), but this is not possible either.

I also think it's strange that it doesn't say "No One Is Online". It is just stuck with "Getting list of online users..".

I have tried following:
- Installing Freichat on joomla 2.5.11 as in http://codologic.com/page/node/424
- Installing Freichat on joomla 2.5.11 manually (without modul)
- Installing Freichat in custom exactly as in http://codologic.com/page/node/459
- Tested with Firefox 21, IE8 and IE9
- Removing .htaccess (as suggested in another thread)
- Changing .htaccess to <ifmodule mod_rewrite.c>RewriteEngine On RewriteRule . - [E=no-gzip:1]</ifmodule>
- Running "UPDATE `frei_config` SET `val` = 'disabled' WHERE `frei_config`.`key` ='cache';"
- Tried many different settings in Freichat administrator such as: disabling guest chat, show only registrered users in userlist, remove jQuery conflicts, turn off GZIP ob_handler, both comet and short-polling

None of these steps worked. It just said "Getting list of online users...". Furthermore, Freichat doesn't even show up with IE8 and 9.

This is freixlog.log after a login on the custom installation:

June 23, 2013, 8:01 am: main.php loaded
June 23, 2013, 8:01 am: Inserted the user with the following data :: Username = anders And ID = 1 Default status = I am available

It is possible that I have missed something really important, but in that case I can't see what it is.

Any help is appriciated!

Best regards
Johan

I have what looks like the same problem as Tooga. I have installed Freichat 8.7 on localhost (wamp) with joomla 2.5.11 with the joomla driver, and the installation went without any issues. I used the Freichat-modul. When I enter the side, Freichat is there (as it it should be) but it says &quot;You are the only one online here&quot; in Users, and the small box in lower right corner says &quot;Getting list of online users..&quot;. According to the video-tutorial, I should at least be able to do the guest chat (as it is done in the video), but this is not possible either. I also think it&#039;s strange that it doesn&#039;t say &quot;No One Is Online&quot;. It is just stuck with &quot;Getting list of online users..&quot;. I have tried following: - Installing Freichat on joomla 2.5.11 as in http://codologic.com/page/node/424 - Installing Freichat on joomla 2.5.11 manually (without modul) - Installing Freichat in custom exactly as in http://codologic.com/page/node/459 - Tested with Firefox 21, IE8 and IE9 - Removing .htaccess (as suggested in another thread) - Changing .htaccess to &amp;lt;IfModule mod_rewrite.c&amp;gt;RewriteEngine On RewriteRule . - [E=no-gzip:1]&amp;lt;/IfModule&amp;gt; - Running &quot;UPDATE `frei_config` SET `val` = &#039;disabled&#039; WHERE `frei_config`.`key` =&#039;cache&#039;;&quot; - Tried many different settings in Freichat administrator such as: disabling guest chat, show only registrered users in userlist, remove jQuery conflicts, turn off GZIP ob_handler, both comet and short-polling None of these steps worked. It just said &quot;Getting list of online users...&quot;. Furthermore, Freichat doesn&#039;t even show up with IE8 and 9. This is freixlog.log after a login on the custom installation: June 23, 2013, 8:01 am: main.php loaded June 23, 2013, 8:01 am: Inserted the user with the following data :: Username = anders And ID = 1 Default status = I am available It is possible that I have missed something really important, but in that case I can&#039;t see what it is. Any help is appriciated! Best regards Johan

Correction to previous post. The .htaccess I tried was:

<ifmodule mod_rewrite.c>RewriteEngine On RewriteRule . - [E=no-gzip:1]</ifmodule>

(The tags was left out before)

Best regards
Johan

Correction to previous post. The .htaccess I tried was: &amp;lt;IfModule mod_rewrite.c&amp;gt;RewriteEngine On RewriteRule . - [E=no-gzip:1]&amp;lt;/IfModule&amp;gt; (The tags was left out before) Best regards Johan

Both deleting the htaccess file (one existed) and creating an htaccess file with the code in the referenced solution thread (1467) had no effect.

Thanks

Both deleting the htaccess file (one existed) and creating an htaccess file with the code in the referenced solution thread (1467) had no effect. Thanks

It turns out that I didn't have the latest version of Freichat. I assumed that I had the latest, because I had downloaded it so recently. However, it turned out that I only had 8.7. After downloading and installing 8.7.2, Freichat is working! At least it's possible for guests to communicate with eachother.

I have to do some more testing, but it looks like my problem is solved.

Best regards Johan

It turns out that I didn&#039;t have the latest version of Freichat. I assumed that I had the latest, because I had downloaded it so recently. However, it turned out that I only had 8.7. After downloading and installing 8.7.2, Freichat is working! At least it&#039;s possible for guests to communicate with eachother. I have to do some more testing, but it looks like my problem is solved. Best regards Johan
12
461
23
0
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft