FreiChat related discussions
Wont show online users or chatroom users and rooms

When I first log into my site things look fine but if I changes pages to look at something else or refresh a page then things stop working---in the Freichat box it just says "Getting list of online users..." and if you go to the chatroom it shows you are the only one there and there are not rooms listed the rooms tab is just blank--if you type something it will show what you posted and then the rest of the conversation in the room shows up.

Additionally when this happens others can not see you as online in either the FreiChat or Chatroom but will show what you message in the chatroom with your username it just wont show that you are in the room or online.

If I close my browser window and then go back in again it will be working ok until I once again switch pages--this has been happening on both IE and Chrome and my other members have been experiencing the same problems on firefox and their tablets (don't know what they use for browers on the tablets)

I want to add that I am computer stupid and did not load FreiChat myself but had my server techs do it but they can not help me any further...I do follow specific instructions well though :-)

Thanks for any help you can give me I think this is going to be an awesome program for my site just need to get it working right LOL.

When I first log into my site things look fine but if I changes pages to look at something else or refresh a page then things stop working---in the Freichat box it just says "Getting list of online users..." and if you go to the chatroom it shows you are the only one there and there are not rooms listed the rooms tab is just blank--if you type something it will show what you posted and then the rest of the conversation in the room shows up. Additionally when this happens others can not see you as online in either the FreiChat or Chatroom but will show what you message in the chatroom with your username it just wont show that you are in the room or online. If I close my browser window and then go back in again it will be working ok until I once again switch pages--this has been happening on both IE and Chrome and my other members have been experiencing the same problems on firefox and their tablets (don't know what they use for browers on the tablets) I want to add that I am computer stupid and did not load FreiChat myself but had my server techs do it but they can not help me any further...I do follow specific instructions well though :-) Thanks for any help you can give me I think this is going to be an awesome program for my site just need to get it working right LOL.
Have Fun and Play Safe Kitty

Looks like you are having lot of problems . Can you please provide us with two test accounts for your website . We will test freichat and see what is causing those problems.

Looks like you are having lot of problems . Can you please provide us with two test accounts for your website . We will test freichat and see what is causing those problems.
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

I have the same problem with Joomla 3.

It works fine when user is not logged in. If user is in a chatroom and logs in, the chat is stuck in that room and no other rooms are shown, and it says "Getting list of online users".

I have the same problem with Joomla 3. It works fine when user is not logged in. If user is in a chatroom and logs in, the chat is stuck in that room and no other rooms are shown, and it says "Getting list of online users".

The glitch of being stuck in a chatroom when going to a new webpage and no chatrooms showing is caused by the "Ajax on menu" setting at the bottom of the Freichat admin backend.

Still no one shows online though.

The glitch of being stuck in a chatroom when going to a new webpage and no chatrooms showing is caused by the "Ajax on menu" setting at the bottom of the Freichat admin backend. Still no one shows online though.

Ok now it is not working at all on any browsers...it always says either getting user list or that you are the only one online and the chatroom part is saying the same thing that you are the only one there and it will not show the rooms...I have done nothing to the program and have just been waiting to hear back from you. Please help.....

Ok now it is not working at all on any browsers...it always says either getting user list or that you are the only one online and the chatroom part is saying the same thing that you are the only one there and it will not show the rooms...I have done nothing to the program and have just been waiting to hear back from you. Please help.....
Have Fun and Play Safe Kitty

When I'll update the page, chat writes: "Getting list of online users ....." and that's all ... :(

When I'll update the page, chat writes: "Getting list of online users ....." and that's all ... :(

Marcel are you also using Internet Explorer or another browser

Marcel are you also using Internet Explorer or another browser
Have Fun and Play Safe Kitty

Try this

go to your database using phpmyadmin
Then run the following query

UPDATE `frei_config` SET `val` = 'disabled' WHERE `frei_config`.`key` ='cache';

Try this go to your database using phpmyadmin Then run the following query UPDATE `frei_config` SET `val` = 'disabled' WHERE `frei_config`.`key` ='cache';
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

Good idea! Now it's stable. But now if you make a change in administration (need to enable chat for guests) changes are ignored :)))
o.O

Good idea! Now it's stable. But now if you make a change in administration (need to enable chat for guests) changes are ignored :))) o.O

That is strange . That query shouldn't have any side-effects.

We will have a look into this again .

That is strange . That query shouldn't have any side-effects. We will have a look into this again .
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

I got the same problem (using Chrome). Everytime I reload the site in the same window, the chatrooms are gone. I did run the query with phpmyadmin - no success. The only work-around is, to open the site in a new window.

I got the same problem (using Chrome). Everytime I reload the site in the same window, the chatrooms are gone. I did run the query with phpmyadmin - no success. The only work-around is, to open the site in a new window.

Still the same problem, even with the new version 8.7. Now i even cant make it work by opening the site in a new window with ctrl-leftclick.

Still the same problem, even with the new version 8.7. Now i even cant make it work by opening the site in a new window with ctrl-leftclick.

I also have the same problem in both IE10 and Chrome 27.
No chatrooms and no users showing in the one to one chat.

I paid for the mobile version and that is the same, no online users.

I also have the same problem in both IE10 and Chrome 27. No chatrooms and no users showing in the one to one chat. I paid for the mobile version and that is the same, no online users.

Followed the instructions exactly. No issues with install.

For chatroom box, it says "You are the only one online here." and shows no rooms or users. For Users box says "Getting list of online users...."

Checked MySQL and sessions are being set. Checked admin and Dashboard registers that a user is present. Enabled logging and got these lines over and over:

June 22, 2013, 9:14 pm: main.php loaded

June 22, 2013, 9:14 pm: Inserted the user with the following data :: Username = Jamie Tooga And ID = 43 Default status = I am available

Thanks much in advance for your help. Any way to amp up the debugging?

--Toog

Followed the instructions exactly. No issues with install. For chatroom box, it says "You are the only one online here." and shows no rooms or users. For Users box says "Getting list of online users...." Checked MySQL and sessions are being set. Checked admin and Dashboard registers that a user is present. Enabled logging and got these lines over and over: June 22, 2013, 9:14 pm: main.php loaded June 22, 2013, 9:14 pm: Inserted the user with the following data :: Username = Jamie Tooga And ID = 43 Default status = I am available Thanks much in advance for your help. Any way to amp up the debugging? --Toog

Also checked in Chrome and Firefox. Used console on each. No errors. Checked fiddler on firefox and all requests ok. Thanks!

Also checked in Chrome and Firefox. Used console on each. No errors. Checked fiddler on firefox and all requests ok. Thanks!

I'm using ThemeKat free template that utilized the Warp framework:

http://themekat.com/free-joomla-templates

Hope all this info helps!

I'm using ThemeKat free template that utilized the Warp framework: http://themekat.com/free-joomla-templates Hope all this info helps!

Can you all try the solution posted in the last reply here :

http://codologic.com/page/node/1467

Can you all try the solution posted in the last reply here : http://codologic.com/page/node/1467
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!
12
461
23
0
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft