FreiChat related discussions
Can't send file

Hi there, Your chat component is AWESOME thank you. Few questions:

1. I can't send files. The window to send appears, I browse and select the file and click on send but the little window is blank and shows no confirmation that files has been sent. The user also does not receive file. On my ipad, it does very similar where it lets me browse and select file but when I send, it says I haven't selected a file.

2. I can't see any icon for video chat.

3. Where do I find the file to edit avatars? Can I just create a folder of mini icons that randomly get chosen for beside users names then direct Freichat to that folder or something?

thanks for your help :)

Hi there, Your chat component is AWESOME thank you. Few questions: 1. I can't send files. The window to send appears, I browse and select the file and click on send but the little window is blank and shows no confirmation that files has been sent. The user also does not receive file. On my ipad, it does very similar where it lets me browse and select file but when I send, it says I haven't selected a file. 2. I can't see any icon for video chat. 3. Where do I find the file to edit avatars? Can I just create a folder of mini icons that randomly get chosen for beside users names then direct Freichat to that folder or something? thanks for your help :)
1. I can't send files.

Looks like the upload directory is not writable. Please give 0777 permissions to freichat/client/plugins/upload/upload

2. I can't see any icon for video chat.

It is not yet released

Where do I find the file to edit avatars? Can I just create a folder of mini icons that randomly get chosen for beside users names then direct Freichat to that folder or something?

If you are talking about guests than avatars are randomly taken from gravatar.
Yes, you can create a folder with mini icons , but it will require some programming to select the avatar file randomly .
<em>1. I can't send files. </em> Looks like the upload directory is not writable. Please give 0777 permissions to freichat/client/plugins/upload/upload <em>2. I can't see any icon for video chat.</em> It is not yet released <em>Where do I find the file to edit avatars? Can I just create a folder of mini icons that randomly get chosen for beside users names then direct Freichat to that folder or something?</em> If you are talking about guests than avatars are randomly taken from gravatar. Yes, you can create a folder with mini icons , but it will require some programming to select the avatar file randomly .
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!
118
1
0
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft