FreiChat related discussions
Chat room on joomla article

Hello,

Is it possible to have a chat room to show only inside a specific Joomla Article, and the users that access that page automatically enter the chat room?

The idea is to have a video stream that will be played live, and the users should be able to discuss it in real time.

Thank you
Rogerio

Hello, Is it possible to have a chat room to show only inside a specific Joomla Article, and the users that access that page automatically enter the chat room? The idea is to have a video stream that will be played live, and the users should be able to discuss it in real time. Thank you Rogerio

yes it is possible, with a little javascript,

1. copy the the required HTML into a div which is place in your article.
2. Delete the original chatroom div.

NOTE: you can use the jquery library included.

yes it is possible, with a little javascript, 1. copy the the required HTML into a div which is place in your article. 2. Delete the original chatroom div. NOTE: you can use the jquery library included.
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

We're loading the chat on a single article. The article is accessed via menu item and the chat Module is only loaded for that menu item. Works well. :)

We're loading the chat on a single article. The article is accessed via menu item and the chat Module is only loaded for that menu item. Works well. :)

Hi I'm currently looking to implement freichat on a new site for a community I am part of.

I'm having issues getting the chat into an article, could you perhaps point me in the correct direction to find the HTML and possibly any header imports I may need?

Any help would be very much appreciated

Thanks in advance

Hi I'm currently looking to implement freichat on a new site for a community I am part of. I'm having issues getting the chat into an article, could you perhaps point me in the correct direction to find the HTML and possibly any header imports I may need? Any help would be very much appreciated Thanks in advance

You can find the HTML for the chatroom in freichat/client/freichat.js .

Do you want to load only the chatroom Or both private chat and the chat room ?

You can find the HTML for the chatroom in freichat/client/freichat.js . Do you want to load only the chatroom Or both private chat and the chat room ?
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

Thank you for the quick reply very helpful :D

Ideally I would be looking to load the chat rooms in the Article/Module and load the private chat normally on this page.
I.E. I can click on the Chat Menu Item which will load a page dedicated to display chat rooms only and will still have the feature of Private Chat.
Then if I were to be on a different page, it would load normally. What I have been trying to do is just hide the normal chat room window with some javascript. (when the article loads it sets that div to hidden).

Thanks again

Thank you for the quick reply very helpful :D Ideally I would be looking to load the chat rooms in the Article/Module and load the private chat normally on this page. I.E. I can click on the Chat Menu Item which will load a page dedicated to display chat rooms only and will still have the feature of Private Chat. Then if I were to be on a different page, it would load normally. What I have been trying to do is just hide the normal chat room window with some javascript. (when the article loads it sets that div to hidden). Thanks again
107
5
0
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft