FreiChat related discussions
Freichat not working in any IE Versions

Hi,

I managed to add your freichat component into my Joomla 3.0 site. But it's not working any of the Internet Explorer versions (I am using 8 and 9, in Win XP and win 7). I checked my browsers and they are not in compatibility mode. Also I have cleared-up my cache. I have disabled Gzip as well.

Though it's working for Mozilla or Chrome (including my Linux or Windows machines). You may have look pls, into my site raihans.co.uk, with the user name 'chatuser' and password as 'passwd'. What may I need to do, please help?

Thanking you in advance.

Raihan

Hi, I managed to add your freichat component into my Joomla 3.0 site. But it's not working any of the Internet Explorer versions (I am using 8 and 9, in Win XP and win 7). I checked my browsers and they are not in compatibility mode. Also I have cleared-up my cache. I have disabled Gzip as well. Though it's working for Mozilla or Chrome (including my Linux or Windows machines). You may have look pls, into my site raihans.co.uk, with the user name 'chatuser' and password as 'passwd'. What may I need to do, please help? Thanking you in advance. Raihan
Raihan Chy UK

Sorry for the late reply ,

Try the following

Add the below line right after the start of

tag in your template
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge">
Sorry for the late reply , Try the following Add the below line right after the start of &amp;lt;head&amp;gt; tag in your template &amp;lt;code&amp;gt;&amp;lt;meta http-equiv=&quot;X-UA-Compatible&quot; content=&quot;IE=edge&quot; /&amp;gt;&amp;lt;/head&amp;gt;
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

Hi Admin,
Thanks for your reply, though took a bit long time. But you haven't post your code or the code not been posted for whatever reason. Could you please post it again.
Thanking you.

Hi Admin, Thanks for your reply, though took a bit long time. But you haven&#039;t post your code or the code not been posted for whatever reason. Could you please post it again. Thanking you.
Raihan Chy UK

Sorry but we have no idea how the code disappeared , anyway here it is again :

<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge">

[this time without any formatting] Please add it right next to

tag
Sorry but we have no idea how the code disappeared , anyway here it is again : &amp;lt;meta http-equiv=&quot;X-UA-Compatible&quot; content=&quot;IE=Edge&quot; /&amp;gt; [this time without any formatting] Please add it right next to &amp;lt;head&amp;gt; tag
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

Sorry, still the code is not showing here. I think you may also see with your preview. Is it showing on your end, please let me know? I am using Firefox in my Ubuntu machine. Don't know why it's not showing in my Browser!!!
Thanks.

Sorry, still the code is not showing here. I think you may also see with your preview. Is it showing on your end, please let me know? I am using Firefox in my Ubuntu machine. Don&#039;t know why it&#039;s not showing in my Browser!!! Thanks.
Raihan Chy UK

We converted the previous post into plain text , i think now it should be visible .

We converted the previous post into plain text , i think now it should be visible .
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

Hi,
At last I could see your code. I am using Joomla 3.0 for my website. I am not sure within which file I should add the code. Could you please help me, on that too. Thanks.

Hi, At last I could see your code. I am using Joomla 3.0 for my website. I am not sure within which file I should add the code. Could you please help me, on that too. Thanks.
Raihan Chy UK

In your template index.php file , add after the

tag .

Also , have you deleted the user account you created in your first post , because we are not able to login using your details
In your template index.php file , add after the &amp;lt;head&amp;gt; tag . Also , have you deleted the user account you created in your first post , because we are not able to login using your details
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

Hi,
The username (chatuser) and password (passwd) is working now. Sorry, it was inactivated for another test.

The code you have posted to show freichat in IE, I have already add that before as been suggested in other post. It was not working with that code.

I was using freichat v8.2 and it was working fine with Firefox or Chrome, accept for IE. 2 days before I have updated to v8.3. Now it's not working at all. I mean it's not showing with any browsers now. I have removed and add freichat directory, after downloading from your site. I have uninstalled and re-installed the module. I have done all the settings as it was before.

You may have a check my site (raihans.co.uk) again, please. I have added another live chat extension. Currently only me or only one can chat with users. I wish to make the freichat like that, but users may chat with different fixed divisions (Customer Service, Technical Support, Information) of my site.

Please help me on this. Thanking you.

Hi, The username (chatuser) and password (passwd) is working now. Sorry, it was inactivated for another test. The code you have posted to show freichat in IE, I have already add that before as been suggested in other post. It was not working with that code. I was using freichat v8.2 and it was working fine with Firefox or Chrome, accept for IE. 2 days before I have updated to v8.3. Now it&#039;s not working at all. I mean it&#039;s not showing with any browsers now. I have removed and add freichat directory, after downloading from your site. I have uninstalled and re-installed the module. I have done all the settings as it was before. You may have a check my site (raihans.co.uk) again, please. I have added another live chat extension. Currently only me or only one can chat with users. I wish to make the freichat like that, but users may chat with different fixed divisions (Customer Service, Technical Support, Information) of my site. Please help me on this. Thanking you.
Raihan Chy UK

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your different replies to solve my problem. Freichat is working in all of my browsers now.

I have a group name 'admin' and the users are say: cs, ts, info. I have another group named as 'users', where all the guest users signed-up.

What I want now is, whoever in 'users' group can see only the users of 'admin', but not users of 'users' group. Also when a user in 'admin' group loged-in, they could see and chat with any users or admin. How I may can do that, please?

Thanking you again.

Hi, Thanks a lot for your different replies to solve my problem. Freichat is working in all of my browsers now. I have a group name &#039;admin&#039; and the users are say: cs, ts, info. I have another group named as &#039;users&#039;, where all the guest users signed-up. What I want now is, whoever in &#039;users&#039; group can see only the users of &#039;admin&#039;, but not users of &#039;users&#039; group. Also when a user in &#039;admin&#039; group loged-in, they could see and chat with any users or admin. How I may can do that, please? Thanking you again.
Raihan Chy UK

Hello,
I had the same problem, and the meta line solved it, but now the chat window wont show after login on ie, unless the page is refreshed.
In Chrome it appears right away. Is there a way to solve it?
Thank you,
Debi

Hello, I had the same problem, and the meta line solved it, but now the chat window wont show after login on ie, unless the page is refreshed. In Chrome it appears right away. Is there a way to solve it? Thank you, Debi

Hi Debi,
I just re-installed from the beginning again. Then set-up all the settings as I need to. Add the above line for showing in IE, on my template's index.php file, just after the 'head' tag. The last was cheked all the users credentials. That's all.

You may try also as I did. Hope it will work. Good luck!

Thanks.

Hi Debi, I just re-installed from the beginning again. Then set-up all the settings as I need to. Add the above line for showing in IE, on my template&#039;s index.php file, just after the &#039;head&#039; tag. The last was cheked all the users credentials. That&#039;s all. You may try also as I did. Hope it will work. Good luck! Thanks.
Raihan Chy UK

Hello.

I have the problem. I use the last joomla version and freichat.
But on internet explrorer, freichat doesn't display (firefox it's ok.)
I had <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge"> after the head tag in index.php of the template but it is the same.

How can i solve it ?

Best regards

Hello. I have the problem. I use the last joomla version and freichat. But on internet explrorer, freichat doesn&#039;t display (firefox it&#039;s ok.) I had &amp;lt;meta http-equiv=&quot;X-UA-Compatible&quot; content=&quot;IE=Edge&quot;&amp;gt; after the head tag in index.php of the template but it is the same. How can i solve it ? Best regards
edited Oct 15 '14 at 4:43 pm

Can you provide your website address with 2 test accounts ?

You can send the info through email.

Which version of IE are you testing with ?
Make sure your IE is not in compatibility mode.

Can you provide your website address with 2 test accounts ? You can send the info through email. Which version of IE are you testing with ? Make sure your IE is not in compatibility mode.

Hello,

I don't see where i can send you a email ?

last ie version, not in compatibility mode.

Hello, I don&#039;t see where i can send you a email ? last ie version, not in compatibility mode.
298
15
2
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft