FreiChat related discussions
Cant Install

Hi all.....I just recently migrated my site to a new server and my Freichat stopped working as it should so I uninstalled it deleted all databases of Freichat plus all the files. I then re-uploaded all files again into my Joomla directory and tried to install it again from scratch but I cannot get past the "General Software License" screen. Whenever I click "Accept" it just refreshes the current page and nothing happens.

I noticed after the migration the absolute path to my site was changed and I went through every Joomla setting I could think of and changed the path to the correct one but it still doesn't seem to want to work, unless I missed something.

It was working fine before the migration.

Hi all.....I just recently migrated my site to a new server and my Freichat stopped working as it should so I uninstalled it deleted all databases of Freichat plus all the files. I then re-uploaded all files again into my Joomla directory and tried to install it again from scratch but I cannot get past the "General Software License" screen. Whenever I click "Accept" it just refreshes the current page and nothing happens. I noticed after the migration the absolute path to my site was changed and I went through every Joomla setting I could think of and changed the path to the correct one but it still doesn't seem to want to work, unless I missed something. It was working fine before the migration.

Download the latest version and try again , also try deleting your browser cache and cookies .

Download the latest version and try again , also try deleting your browser cache and cookies .
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

I cleared the cookies and all browsing data plus I used 3 different browsers and they all do the same thing.

first I tried the download from this site then I tried the paid version which I purchased about 4 months ago and they both wont allow me to install.

This happened just after I migrated from Godaddy's standard shared hosting to there new 4GH servers but I am not sure if that would have anything to do with it. My site seems to be running fine except I can't re-install freichat because I cant get past the "License Agreement" page.

I cleared the cookies and all browsing data plus I used 3 different browsers and they all do the same thing. first I tried the download from this site then I tried the paid version which I purchased about 4 months ago and they both wont allow me to install. This happened just after I migrated from Godaddy's standard shared hosting to there new 4GH servers but I am not sure if that would have anything to do with it. My site seems to be running fine except I can't re-install freichat because I cant get past the "License Agreement" page.

This issue is actually not related to FreiChat, It has something to do with the server and SESSION.
You can try FreiChat by installing it in your local computer and it should work.

if you can provide us with your server access details via the contact us link, we will find and fix the issue for you.

This issue is actually not related to FreiChat, It has something to do with the server and SESSION. You can try FreiChat by installing it in your local computer and it should work. if you can provide us with your server access details via the contact us link, we will find and fix the issue for you.
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

I kind of figured it wasn't freichat since it was working fine before.

Do you need my FTP login details, the site administrator details or the Hosting account cpanel details?

I kind of figured it wasn't freichat since it was working fine before. Do you need my FTP login details, the site administrator details or the Hosting account cpanel details?

I think I may have fixed it.....I went searching in the GoDaddy cpanel and I noticed that the .php extension was set to use php5 but I already had a php5.ini which was already set so I changed the .php setting to use php4 and it let me get past that Accept page.

Now I just have to set the chat up again to see if its working as it should.

I will let you know if the chat is working now.

I think I may have fixed it.....I went searching in the GoDaddy cpanel and I noticed that the .php extension was set to use php5 but I already had a php5.ini which was already set so I changed the .php setting to use php4 and it let me get past that Accept page. Now I just have to set the chat up again to see if its working as it should. I will let you know if the chat is working now.

Well it seems I am still having problems because now after I click "Accept" it takes me to a white "info" screen with nothing on it so if you still need that info let me know what info you need and I will send it to you.

Well it seems I am still having problems because now after I click "Accept" it takes me to a white "info" screen with nothing on it so if you still need that info let me know what info you need and I will send it to you.

I have finally fixed it by adding this in php5.ini

cgi.fix_pathinfo=1
session.save_path = "/tmp/"

I don't know why I didn't check that before but you were right it was a session problem.

I tested the chat and its working as it should now.

Thank you for all your help.

I have finally fixed it by adding this in php5.ini cgi.fix_pathinfo=1 session.save_path = "/tmp/" I don't know why I didn't check that before but you were right it was a session problem. I tested the chat and its working as it should now. Thank you for all your help.

Not to sound stupid but I tried the same thing. I switched to PHP 4 and was able to get past the accept screen, I tried adding the above into my php5.3 but it didn't work and I'm not sure where exactly to put it. I can't run PHP 4 it causes my site to crash and not run at all. I have never edited a php.ini file before and don't want to screw it all up.

Not to sound stupid but I tried the same thing. I switched to PHP 4 and was able to get past the accept screen, I tried adding the above into my php5.3 but it didn't work and I'm not sure where exactly to put it. I can't run PHP 4 it causes my site to crash and not run at all. I have never edited a php.ini file before and don't want to screw it all up.

Hi msaffari , please create a new post to avoid confusion and try the solution given in the SOLUTIONS.txt file .

Hi msaffari , please create a new post to avoid confusion and try the solution given in the SOLUTIONS.txt file .
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!
126
10
0
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft