FreiChat related discussions
Customizing template/window and bug report

Hello all,

this is one hell of a great piece of work! Installation went like a piece of cake.... just fantastic.

But still I would like to ask a few questions and report a few bugs that occur frequently...

Questions:
----------
How and where can I customize or modify the existing template?

How and where can I adjust the size of the chat window?

I could not find an option to activate/integrate smilies - allthough some are already there when typing standards like :) or :(

================================================================

Bugs:

1.
When chatting and changing the web page (on the same site), then re-opening the chat window to continue chatting: all the own text is either
a) -gone completely
b) -will reload after some time and will then display alltogether in one single bubble or
c) will reappear and display in another one's bubble (also together)

2.
When trying to customize a template via the backend option and adding it as the default, the chat window on the site is gone completely, and the small module displaying users online and providing personal chatrooms slides to the footer. When changing back to the default template all is fine and normal again.

FreiChatX is running on Joomla 2.5 with CB.

I really would like to keep the chat - users respond very well to it (allthough it's only a small community), so I am glad for any help that could advise me on how to proceed with my questions.

Thanks for your help in advance, and for a damn fine piece of work I am allowed to use :o)

David

Hello all, this is one hell of a great piece of work! Installation went like a piece of cake.... just fantastic. But still I would like to ask a few questions and report a few bugs that occur frequently... Questions: ---------- How and where can I customize or modify the existing template? How and where can I adjust the size of the chat window? I could not find an option to activate/integrate smilies - allthough some are already there when typing standards like :) or :( ================================================================ Bugs: 1. When chatting and changing the web page (on the same site), then re-opening the chat window to continue chatting: all the own text is either a) -gone completely b) -will reload after some time and will then display alltogether in one single bubble or c) will reappear and display in another one's bubble (also together) 2. When trying to customize a template via the backend option and adding it as the default, the chat window on the site is gone completely, and the small module displaying users online and providing personal chatrooms slides to the footer. When changing back to the default template all is fine and normal again. FreiChatX is running on Joomla 2.5 with CB. I really would like to keep the chat - users respond very well to it (allthough it's only a small community), so I am glad for any help that could advise me on how to proceed with my questions. Thanks for your help in advance, and for a damn fine piece of work I am allowed to use :o) David
How and where can I customize or modify the existing template?

How and where can I adjust the size of the chat window?


freichat/client/jquery/freichat_themes/basic is where you can find the default theme.
The theme editor in the backend is outdated and will be removed in the next version.

you can make a copy of the "basic" folder to add/edit more themes(simple as that), and switch the theme from the backend.



I could not find an option to activate/integrate smilies - allthough some are already there when typing standards like :) or :(

you will have to edit freichat/client/freichat.js manually, but it is pretty simple, just have to add more smiley rules.

search for the word "FreiChat.SmileyGenerate = function(messages)"
there you will know how to add more of them.

We are going to automate this by adding an option to add/edit smilies in the backend in the next major release, so people don't have to edit JS files anymore.

and thanks for listing all those bugs in such detail, we will let you know the status very soon.
<blockquote>How and where can I customize or modify the existing template? How and where can I adjust the size of the chat window? </blockquote> freichat/client/jquery/freichat_themes/basic is where you can find the default theme. The theme editor in the backend is outdated and will be removed in the next version. you can make a copy of the "basic" folder to add/edit more themes(simple as that), and switch the theme from the backend. <blockquote> I could not find an option to activate/integrate smilies - allthough some are already there when typing standards like :) or :( </blockquote> you will have to edit freichat/client/freichat.js manually, but it is pretty simple, just have to add more smiley rules. search for the word "FreiChat.SmileyGenerate = function(messages)" there you will know how to add more of them. We are going to automate this by adding an option to add/edit smilies in the backend in the next major release, so people don't have to edit JS files anymore. and thanks for listing all those bugs in such detail, we will let you know the status very soon.
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!
56
1
0
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft