FreiChat related discussions
Sending files problem

Hi,
thank you for avesome chat!

I just have one problem with sending files - file is uploading, sender receives information that file is uploaded (filename [Send successfully!]), link is working (sender can download this file) but receiver sees nothing! No information that any action was taken. No link, no info, nothing.

What could be wrong? When I check database entries that holds all messages, there is no info about uploaded file.

Hi, thank you for avesome chat! I just have one problem with sending files - file is uploading, sender receives information that file is uploaded (filename [Send successfully!]), link is working (sender can download this file) but receiver sees nothing! No information that any action was taken. No link, no info, nothing. What could be wrong? When I check database entries that holds all messages, there is no info about uploaded file.

Are the normal messages being sent correctly ?

Are the normal messages being sent correctly ?
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

Yes, normal messages are sent correctly. And chat is also working correctly. Everything but files.

Yes, normal messages are sent correctly. And chat is also working correctly. Everything but files.

Hi,
I found solution - it could be usefull - I don't know why (maybe my MySQL version, maybe configuration issue), but somehow room_id in frei_chat table had no default value (-1).
I had to modify to this:
ALTER TABLE `frei_chat` CHANGE `room_id` `room_id` INT( 4 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '-1';

or, (not checked but sounds reasonably) modification to query string in upload.php to set room_id to -1 could also help.

room_id = -1 means that this particular message (file URL) is not in any chatroom but in direct message.

Hi, I found solution - it could be usefull - I don't know why (maybe my MySQL version, maybe configuration issue), but somehow room_id in frei_chat table had no default value (-1). I had to modify to this: ALTER TABLE `frei_chat` CHANGE `room_id` `room_id` INT( 4 ) NOT NULL DEFAULT '-1'; or, (not checked but sounds reasonably) modification to query string in upload.php to set room_id to -1 could also help. room_id = -1 means that this particular message (file URL) is not in any chatroom but in direct message.
100
3
0
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft