FreiChat related discussions
Still having issues with avatar thumbs and filesharing

Hi,

I´m still having issues with the avatar thumb not showing except when I´m on the frontpage.

My setup is Joomla 2.5 with JomSocial 2.4.2

I also found out that file-sharing doesn´t work.
I can send files correctly but when the reciever clicks on the file-link this happens:

The link goes to: http://www.mysite.com/freichat/client/plugins/upload/download.php?filename=

with the message: Sorry, the file doesn't seem to exist.

Pls advice.


Brgds

Hi, I´m still having issues with the avatar thumb not showing except when I´m on the frontpage. My setup is Joomla 2.5 with JomSocial 2.4.2 I also found out that file-sharing doesn´t work. I can send files correctly but when the reciever clicks on the file-link this happens: The link goes to: http://www.mysite.com/freichat/client/plugins/upload/download.php?filename= with the message: Sorry, the file doesn't seem to exist. Pls advice. Brgds

Make sure the following directory

freichat/client/plugins/upload/upload

has appropriate permissions to create files.

Make sure the following directory freichat/client/plugins/upload/upload has appropriate permissions to create files.
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

that fixed it, thx!

regarding the avatar-thumbnails I´ve just turned off "show avatar" for now.
If you have any idea as to why the avatars show perfectly in Freichat when I´m on the frontpage but not when I´m on any other page I´ll be glad to hear about it:)

Brgds

that fixed it, thx! regarding the avatar-thumbnails I´ve just turned off "show avatar" for now. If you have any idea as to why the avatars show perfectly in Freichat when I´m on the frontpage but not when I´m on any other page I´ll be glad to hear about it:) Brgds

Are the images hidden in other pages ?

Are the images hidden in other pages ?
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

Yes,

Example:

userX and userX2 are chatting..
userX is at www.mysite.com/index.php and userX2 is at www.mysite.com/index.php/home or any other site different than "www.mysite.com/index.php"

userX sees userX2´s avatar but userX2 doesn´t see userX´s avatar.

In userX2´s chrome-browser this error is shown in "F12":

GET http://www.co-parents.dk/index.php/images/avatar/8d4789c4cbce918d045de25f.png 500 (Internal Server Error)
f.fn.extend.htmljquery.min.js:17
$jn.getJSON.complete.FreiChat.RequestCompleted_get_membersmain.php:1735
f.extend._Deferred.e.resolveWithjquery.min.js:16
wjquery.min.js:18
f.support.ajax.f.ajaxTransport.send.d

Yes, Example: userX and userX2 are chatting.. userX is at www.mysite.com/index.php and userX2 is at www.mysite.com/index.php/home or any other site different than "www.mysite.com/index.php" userX sees userX2´s avatar but userX2 doesn´t see userX´s avatar. In userX2´s chrome-browser this error is shown in "F12": GET http://www.co-parents.dk/index.php/images/avatar/8d4789c4cbce918d045de25f.png 500 (Internal Server Error) f.fn.extend.htmljquery.min.js:17 $jn.getJSON.complete.FreiChat.RequestCompleted_get_membersmain.php:1735 f.extend._Deferred.e.resolveWithjquery.min.js:16 wjquery.min.js:18 f.support.ajax.f.ajaxTransport.send.d

I´d just add to this that I have tried all kinds of different settings in the freichat admin but nothing fixes this..

I´d just add to this that I have tried all kinds of different settings in the freichat admin but nothing fixes this..

Check the error log for any related errors.

Check the error log for any related errors.
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

I´m kinda noobish, so I don´t even know which error you´re referring to.. I´m sry:(

Another thing I´m struggling with is that I try to find a way to translate the "frei_tab" text "Chat Room". I want to translate to Danish and I´ve made a Danish translation file and translated everything, but the "Chat Room" text doesn´t seem to be translated for some odd reason..

I hope you can help me with this one.

Brgds

I´m kinda noobish, so I don´t even know which error you´re referring to.. I´m sry:( Another thing I´m struggling with is that I try to find a way to translate the "frei_tab" text "Chat Room". I want to translate to Danish and I´ve made a Danish translation file and translated everything, but the "Chat Room" text doesn´t seem to be translated for some odd reason.. I hope you can help me with this one. Brgds

You will find all logs in your control panel .

Please read below post , to know how to change the chatroom title.
http://evnix.com/drupal2/node/414

You will find all logs in your control panel . Please read below post , to know how to change the chatroom title. http://evnix.com/drupal2/node/414
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

Hi again,

Is it the freixlog.log file you mean?
While debugging PHP and Javascript, and with the same problem still there, the log only shows this:

April 5, 2012, 11:11 am: connected to database successfully

etc..

I´ve got everything running smothely on my site now except this little issue with the missing avatar pics.. I would be more than grateful if you could have a quick look at my back and frontend at some point, because if I can have the avatars showing on all pages the site is near complete.

I will of course send you all the log-in info that you require

Brgds
Mikkel

Hi again, Is it the freixlog.log file you mean? While debugging PHP and Javascript, and with the same problem still there, the log only shows this: April 5, 2012, 11:11 am: connected to database successfully etc.. I´ve got everything running smothely on my site now except this little issue with the missing avatar pics.. I would be more than grateful if you could have a quick look at my back and frontend at some point, because if I can have the avatars showing on all pages the site is near complete. I will of course send you all the log-in info that you require Brgds Mikkel

You can send the details using Contact us .

You can send the details using Contact us .
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!
124
12
0
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft