FreiChat related discussions
Avatar-picture cropping in JomSocial not working again..

Hi,

I´m having a problem with avatar-picture cropping not working in JomSocial, the same way it´s described in this thread: http://evnix.com/drupal2/comment/1731

The thing is that this time it doesn´t matter if I comment: require_once 'jquery/js/jquery.1.7.1.js'; in "main.php"

Actually the problem is still there when I de-activate the freichat module, so I´m pretty sure the conflict comes from somewhere else this time around..

This is very irritating because everything else on my site is working 100% as wanted, including the chat.

This is the error-report I get from F12 in chrome:

script-1.2.js:1467Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'imgAreaSelect'
4event.layerX and event.layerY are broken and deprecated in WebKit. They will be removed from the engine in the near future.
script-1.2.js:1467Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'imgAreaSelect'
2event.layerX and event.layerY are broken and deprecated in WebKit. They will be removed from the engine in the near future.
script-1.2.js:1467Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'imgAreaSelect'
4event.layerX and event.layerY are broken and deprecated in WebKit. They will be removed from the engine in the near future.
script-1.2.js:1467Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'imgAreaSelect'
6event.layerX and event.layerY are broken and deprecated in WebKit. They will be removed from the engine in the near future.

goes on in loop...

It seems it point towards:
/components/com_community/assets/script-1.2.js


I really hope that someone can help me fix this one, because it is really the only thing not working on my site right now and I´m almost ready to launch.

I´m running Joomla 2.5 with JomSocial 2.4.2

Brgds

Hi, I´m having a problem with avatar-picture cropping not working in JomSocial, the same way it´s described in this thread: http://evnix.com/drupal2/comment/1731 The thing is that this time it doesn´t matter if I comment: require_once 'jquery/js/jquery.1.7.1.js'; in "main.php" Actually the problem is still there when I de-activate the freichat module, so I´m pretty sure the conflict comes from somewhere else this time around.. This is very irritating because everything else on my site is working 100% as wanted, including the chat. This is the error-report I get from F12 in chrome: script-1.2.js:1467Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'imgAreaSelect' 4event.layerX and event.layerY are broken and deprecated in WebKit. They will be removed from the engine in the near future. script-1.2.js:1467Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'imgAreaSelect' 2event.layerX and event.layerY are broken and deprecated in WebKit. They will be removed from the engine in the near future. script-1.2.js:1467Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'imgAreaSelect' 4event.layerX and event.layerY are broken and deprecated in WebKit. They will be removed from the engine in the near future. script-1.2.js:1467Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'imgAreaSelect' 6event.layerX and event.layerY are broken and deprecated in WebKit. They will be removed from the engine in the near future. goes on in loop... It seems it point towards: /components/com_community/assets/script-1.2.js I really hope that someone can help me fix this one, because it is really the only thing not working on my site right now and I´m almost ready to launch. I´m running Joomla 2.5 with JomSocial 2.4.2 Brgds
Actually the problem is still there when I de-activate the freichat module
So that error is not related to FreiChatX .

You will have to ask this problem in the JomSocial forum.
<em>Actually the problem is still there when I de-activate the freichat module</em> So that error is not related to FreiChatX . You will have to ask this problem in the JomSocial forum.
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

I just tried to uninstall Freichat completely and the problem disappeared.
Then I thought Freichat was to blame and I purchased Chat Chatix module to see if that would work better, but when I installed and activated the module the same thing happens.. The cropping function doesn´t work. When I deactivate Chatix it works again.
I have tried setting different module locations for both e.g. "bottom-b" (for my YooCloud template) and "js_side_bottom" (inside JomSocial), it makes no difference. I´ve also trie the "Remove Jquery Conflicts" feature in setup - doesnt help.

I actually like FreiChat better than Chatix so if its at all possible I would to get this to work with the cropping feature.
Cropping pictures isnt the most important feature but its a nice feature that also looks good in Joomla, so it would be a shame not to use it/show it off.. Everything else on my site works, including the chat itself, so its not the end of the world, though:)

I you want you´re welcome to take a look at my page and see if you can figure this out. It´s www.co-parents.dk

Brgds

I just tried to uninstall Freichat completely and the problem disappeared. Then I thought Freichat was to blame and I purchased Chat Chatix module to see if that would work better, but when I installed and activated the module the same thing happens.. The cropping function doesn´t work. When I deactivate Chatix it works again. I have tried setting different module locations for both e.g. "bottom-b" (for my YooCloud template) and "js_side_bottom" (inside JomSocial), it makes no difference. I´ve also trie the "Remove Jquery Conflicts" feature in setup - doesnt help. I actually like FreiChat better than Chatix so if its at all possible I would to get this to work with the cropping feature. Cropping pictures isnt the most important feature but its a nice feature that also looks good in Joomla, so it would be a shame not to use it/show it off.. Everything else on my site works, including the chat itself, so its not the end of the world, though:) I you want you´re welcome to take a look at my page and see if you can figure this out. It´s www.co-parents.dk Brgds

I will need a user account too . You can send the details through the Contact Us.

I will need a user account too . You can send the details through the Contact Us.
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

Hi,

Just for info it is supposed to be all black atm. on the frontpage (no pictures loaded)

Hi, Just for info it is supposed to be all black atm. on the frontpage (no pictures loaded)

Do you mean the evnix fron page ?
I can see all images loaded.

Do you mean the evnix fron page ? I can see all images loaded.
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

It´s because I tempararely changed the default frontpage to a "being tested" info-page which doesnt load the pictures in the modified "hello me" module. But its not an issue, just info:)

It´s because I tempararely changed the default frontpage to a "being tested" info-page which doesnt load the pictures in the modified "hello me" module. But its not an issue, just info:)

Hi

I decided to give it another go in the config-setup on the administrator-page of freichat and I chose "Remove Jquery Conflicts" as I had already tried one time before.. and now it fixed the "cropping" issue:)

Now the only thing that doesn´t work 100% is the avatar picture-update/loading in the 1-on-1 chat window. Actually it has never really worked unless I set "search friendly urls" to "no" in Joomla settings, but I really dont want to do that. A long time ago there was a fix by doing "//require_once 'jquery/js/jquery.1.7.1" in main.php but I have already done that..

Well, if the avatar problem cannot be fixed then I guess I just have to change the "no avatar"-picture to a nice and neutral/good looking pic, and live with it.. but if you have an idea on how to solve this "new" smaller problem I would appreciate it much

Brgds

Hi I decided to give it another go in the config-setup on the administrator-page of freichat and I chose "Remove Jquery Conflicts" as I had already tried one time before.. and now it fixed the "cropping" issue:) Now the only thing that doesn´t work 100% is the avatar picture-update/loading in the 1-on-1 chat window. Actually it has never really worked unless I set "search friendly urls" to "no" in Joomla settings, but I really dont want to do that. A long time ago there was a fix by doing "//require_once 'jquery/js/jquery.1.7.1" in main.php but I have already done that.. Well, if the avatar problem cannot be fixed then I guess I just have to change the "no avatar"-picture to a nice and neutral/good looking pic, and live with it.. but if you have an idea on how to solve this "new" smaller problem I would appreciate it much Brgds

Which avatar are you referring to here ?

Is it FreiChatX avatars , if yes , then have you installed it in CB or JomSocial ?

Which avatar are you referring to here ? Is it FreiChatX avatars , if yes , then have you installed it in CB or JomSocial ?
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

Sry about the late reply.

It´s the avatar-thumbnails from JomSocial that doesn´t load in FreiChat. The avatar-pics are located in: /images/avatar/

I´ve found out that the problem seems to be on every page other than the main url.
So in all pages under; "http://www.mysite.com/index.php" the avatar pic doesn´t load
When at; "http://www.mysite.com" the avatar pic loads perfectly..

I don´t know if that gives you any hints as to what is wrong?

Brgds

Sry about the late reply. It´s the avatar-thumbnails from JomSocial that doesn´t load in FreiChat. The avatar-pics are located in: /images/avatar/ I´ve found out that the problem seems to be on every page other than the main url. So in all pages under; "http://www.mysite.com/index.php" the avatar pic doesn´t load When at; "http://www.mysite.com" the avatar pic loads perfectly.. I don´t know if that gives you any hints as to what is wrong? Brgds

Just try making it work in your localhost.
Also let me know the 404 error that is logged by the browser.(You can check for 404 errors using chrome)

Just try making it work in your localhost. Also let me know the 404 error that is logged by the browser.(You can check for 404 errors using chrome)
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!
189
11
0
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft