FreiChat related discussions
Show other user offline does not work after upgrade

Hi there,

after upgrading from 9.6 to 10.0, the message

"The user is offline, messages you send will be delivered when the user comes online."

does not show anymore. In cases where the other user's status is changed to 'offline', or Freichat is not loaded anymore (logout, close browser).

I saw that, in freichat.js, the following line

if (FreiChat.is_in_array(freichatusers[j], data.userdata) === false)

was changed to

if (FreiChat.is_in_array(freichatusers[j], data.userdata) === false && !$jn('#chatboxtextarea' + freichatusers[j]).data('data'))

When I changed this back, it worked again. However I do not know if this change has any other effects. Is it okay if I change this back?

Greets

Hi there, after upgrading from 9.6 to 10.0, the message "The user is offline, messages you send will be delivered when the user comes online." does not show anymore. In cases where the other user's status is changed to 'offline', or Freichat is not loaded anymore (logout, close browser). I saw that, in freichat.js, the following line ```` if (FreiChat.is_in_array(freichatusers[j], data.userdata) === false) ```` was changed to ```` if (FreiChat.is_in_array(freichatusers[j], data.userdata) === false && !$jn('#chatboxtextarea' + freichatusers[j]).data('data')) ```` When I changed this back, it worked again. However I do not know if this change has any other effects. Is it okay if I change this back? Greets

That line is related to groupchat.

You can safely remove it if you do not use this feature.

That line is related to groupchat. You can safely remove it if you do not use this feature.
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!
218
2
2
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft