Codoforum related discussions
Randomly got an error

Dear readers,

I've using Codoforum for a couple of days now and I'm very happy with it so far. Yesterday I succesfully intergrated Steam login into the uni_login plugin. Tested everything several times and nothing was wrong.

This morning I tried it again and still, everything was working correctly.
This evening though without changing anything everyone who visits my forums gets the following error:

Fatal error: Function name must be a string in (my root folder replaced by [ROOT] for privacy reasons. )[ROOT]/public_html/codoforum/sys/CODOF/HB/Render.php on line 113

What is quite surprising is that the admin panel is still working fine.

Nobody else has access to either the ftp or my database.
Something interesting to note as well: I tried doing a ftp backup restore by replacing all files except the config with a redownloaded version of Codoforum.

I hope I supplied enough information and that somebody has a solution for it. Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Cashman

Dear readers, I've using Codoforum for a couple of days now and I'm very happy with it so far. Yesterday I succesfully intergrated Steam login into the uni_login plugin. Tested everything several times and nothing was wrong. This morning I tried it again and still, everything was working correctly. This evening though without changing anything everyone who visits my forums gets the following error: Fatal error: Function name must be a string in (my root folder replaced by [ROOT] for privacy reasons. )[ROOT]/public_html/codoforum/sys/CODOF/HB/Render.php on line 113 What is quite surprising is that the admin panel is still working fine. Nobody else has access to either the ftp or my database. Something interesting to note as well: I tried doing a ftp backup restore by replacing all files except the config with a redownloaded version of Codoforum. I hope I supplied enough information and that somebody has a solution for it. Thanks in advance! Regards, Cashman
edited Nov 30 '14 at 6:37 pm

Try deleting all the files in cache/HB/

But before deleteing them, make a zip of those files and send them to us.
We want to inspect the cause of this error.

Also, try giving 0777 permissions to all folder inside cache folder.

Try deleting all the files in `cache/HB/` But before deleteing them, make a zip of those files and send them to us. We want to inspect the cause of this error. Also, try giving 0777 permissions to all folder inside `cache` folder.
edited Nov 30 '14 at 5:41 pm

Thanks for the reply, it's much appreciated.

Sadly I don't seem to have a HB folder. The cache folder is quite empty actually. Here's a screenshot:
547b659594dcd.jpg

After the screenshot was made, I did a recursive permission change to 777 on the cache folder.
This didn't make any difference and the same error came up.

Thanks for the reply, it's much appreciated. Sadly I don't seem to have a HB folder. The cache folder is quite empty actually. Here's a screenshot: ![547b659594dcd.jpg](serve/attachment&path=547b659594dcd.jpg) After the screenshot was made, I did a recursive permission change to 777 on the cache folder. This didn't make any difference and the same error came up.
edited Nov 30 '14 at 6:46 pm

Sadly I don't seem to have a HB folder.

just create a folder cache/HB/compiled and give 777 permissions, your problem should be resolved. smile

>Sadly I don't seem to have a HB folder. just create a folder `cache/HB/compiled` and give 777 permissions, your problem should be resolved. :)
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

Alright that managed to partially fix the problem. After I created that folder I still had a css and js not found error but I managed to resolve that as well by creating a /css and /js folder in the /cache folder.

Thanks a lot smile

clicks the newly suggested mark as resolved button

Alright that managed to partially fix the problem. After I created that folder I still had a css and js not found error but I managed to resolve that as well by creating a /css and /js folder in the /cache folder. Thanks a lot ;) *clicks the newly suggested mark as resolved button*
edited Dec 1 '14 at 9:39 am
221
4
3
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft