FreiChat related discussions
"Getting list of online users..."

i installed Freichat free version ,but the online users wont get listed.
only ""Getting list of online users..." ist shown.

can you help me please.

the site is www.gickelz.rsv-roth.de
i am using Joomla 3.3.6

many thanks

i installed Freichat free version ,but the online users wont get listed. only ""Getting list of online users..." ist shown. can you help me please. the site is www.gickelz.rsv-roth.de i am using Joomla 3.3.6 many thanks

You have a jquery conflict caused by the library loaded by Joomla!. You can overcome this by modifying Joomla! code to not load the library for tooltips. Additionally you can take out the code that loads tooltps to make the site more aesthetically pleasing when hovering over something that would have a tooltip. It is a caveat is in order to have chat you have to sacrifice your tooltips. If you give me a temporary back-end log in I can handle this for you. Don't post the credentials here obviousely but let me know if you are interested in some help.

You have a jquery conflict caused by the library loaded by Joomla!. You can overcome this by modifying Joomla! code to not load the library for tooltips. Additionally you can take out the code that loads tooltps to make the site more aesthetically pleasing when hovering over something that would have a tooltip. It is a caveat is in order to have chat you have to sacrifice your tooltips. If you give me a temporary back-end log in I can handle this for you. Don't post the credentials here obviousely but let me know if you are interested in some help.

Happy Hunting...

Many thanks for the solution.

Can you please contact me via email. So I can send you the credentials.

Fit1976@hotmail.de

Greetings

Many thanks for the solution. Can you please contact me via email. So I can send you the credentials. Fit1976@hotmail.de Greetings

The chat now works but I ended up doing a re-installation and configured it the right way. I also installed a component called extplorer which you can find in the components section of the admin panel. You will need to delete the old directory for freichat which is clearly marked. You will also need to know the new link to the freichat admin page and password.

I sent these to you in an email.

You can change the password for freichat admin page from the hardcode.php file.

If I have helped you please mark as resolved if possible and donate to a project I am avidly working on.

The chat now works but I ended up doing a re-installation and configured it the right way. I also installed a component called extplorer which you can find in the components section of the admin panel. You will need to delete the old directory for freichat which is clearly marked. You will also need to know the new link to the freichat admin page and password. I sent these to you in an email. You can change the password for freichat admin page from the hardcode.php file. If I have helped you please mark as resolved if possible and donate to a [project I am avidly working on.](https://ghostlyhaks.com/projects-all/project/project-discovery/19-hacking-projects1/1-universal-efi-firmware-lock-remo/backing )

Happy Hunting...

if there is a jquery conflict, you can toggle a switch in the backend without removing the Joomla library.

"Getting list of online users..." is not a jquery problem but caused becuase the server responded something other than valid JSON. (usually a server side error)

But anyways, you managed to solve it smile

if there is a jquery conflict, you can toggle a switch in the backend without removing the Joomla library. "Getting list of online users..." is not a jquery problem but caused becuase the server responded something other than valid JSON. (usually a server side error) But anyways, you managed to solve it :)
Necessity is the mother of all inventions!

Very true. When I logged into his admin panel and reviewed settings and files I figured it out. After flipping the switch the conflict was gone but still the getting list of users issue. A reinstall with proper config resolved the issue.

Very true. When I logged into his admin panel and reviewed settings and files I figured it out. After flipping the switch the conflict was gone but still the getting list of users issue. A reinstall with proper config resolved the issue.

Happy Hunting...

Hello,

I have the same problem : still "Getting list of online users ..."

Could you tell what you did to solve the problem please ?

Thanks in advance.

Gregory

Hello, I have the same problem : still "Getting list of online users ..." Could you tell what you did to solve the problem please ? Thanks in advance. Gregory

Please create a new topic and provide a url to your live site where freichat is installed , if you have one.

Please create a new topic and provide a url to your live site where freichat is installed , if you have one.

I did say what my resolution to his problem was.

I did say what my resolution to his problem was.

Happy Hunting...

May be he tried your solution but is still facing the same problem.

@gregfly26 , Please try reinstalling freichat as there may be some problem in the config
as said by @thaGH05T

Make sure the configuration is correct in freichat/hardcode.php

Usually this problem occurs when you give the wrong table prefix during installation.
The database table prefix for freichat must be same as the website where you are installing freichat

May be he tried your solution but is still facing the same problem. @gregfly26 , Please try reinstalling freichat as there may be some problem in the config as said by @thaGH05T Make sure the configuration is correct in freichat/hardcode.php Usually this problem occurs when you give the wrong table prefix during installation. The database table prefix for freichat must be same as the website where you are installing freichat
edited Dec 1 '14 at 3:57 am

Hello,

I have the same problem : still "Getting list of online users ..."

Could you tell what you did to solve the problem please ?

Thanks in advance.

Gregory

If you are still facing issues please let us know.

>Hello, >I have the same problem : still "Getting list of online users ..." >Could you tell what you did to solve the problem please ? >Thanks in advance. >Gregory If you are still facing issues please let us know.

Happy Hunting...

740
11
5
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft