FreiChat related discussions
Delay in appearance chat window when status is 'Busy'

Hi there,

if my status is 'Busy', and I click on a button, to chat with another person, it takes 30-60 seconds for the chat window to open. More specific, it opens when the first periodic request is sent to the server. I use

onClick="FreiChat.create_chat_window_mesg(username,user_id);"

for the button, and it works fine. It does not matter what the status is of the other person.

How can I get the window to open immediately?

Greets Jeroen

Hi there, if my status is 'Busy', and I click on a button, to chat with another person, it takes 30-60 seconds for the chat window to open. More specific, it opens when the first periodic request is sent to the server. I use ```` onClick="FreiChat.create_chat_window_mesg(username,user_id);" ```` for the button, and it works fine. It does not matter what the status is of the other person. How can I get the window to open immediately? Greets Jeroen

I realized that it would be okay for me when users would be forced into the 'online' status, when clicking on a new chat message window link. So I added

FreiChat.freichatopt('goOnline');

to

FreiChat.create_chat_window_mesg = function(user, id)

in client/freichat.js.

Now the window appears within 0-5 seconds, as usual. This works fine for me,

Greets Jeroen

I realized that it would be okay for me when users would be forced into the 'online' status, when clicking on a new chat message window link. So I added ```` FreiChat.freichatopt('goOnline'); ```` to ```` FreiChat.create_chat_window_mesg = function(user, id) ```` in client/freichat.js. Now the window appears within 0-5 seconds, as usual. This works fine for me, Greets Jeroen

We have solved a related issue that caused the same problem.

We have solved a related issue that caused the same problem.
138
5
2
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft