FreiChat related discussions
Same messages appearing on every page refresh

Hello Codologic,

I really have to thank you very much for the excellent product which keeps getting better with every update.

I have an issue with freichat and I would like to understand better its functionality.

I am using it with CB but I have transformed my comprofiler table into a view and so it is not editable anymore, I have done this because my user data comes from a merging of different tables and I need to keep it that way.

Since I have been testing this implementation freichat has worked perfectly, there is only one issue I cannot figure out. Everytime I reload the page all the previous conversations popup despite closing them several times with the X or minimizing them. Is freichat inserting anything on the comprofiler table? because it does not look so.

Is this a bug which has nothing to do with the new implementation, do you have any idea that can help me out?

Thanks a lot!!

Hello Codologic, I really have to thank you very much for the excellent product which keeps getting better with every update. I have an issue with freichat and I would like to understand better its functionality. I am using it with CB but I have transformed my comprofiler table into a view and so it is not editable anymore, I have done this because my user data comes from a merging of different tables and I need to keep it that way. Since I have been testing this implementation freichat has worked perfectly, there is only one issue I cannot figure out. Everytime I reload the page all the previous conversations popup despite closing them several times with the X or minimizing them. Is freichat inserting anything on the comprofiler table? because it does not look so. Is this a bug which has nothing to do with the new implementation, do you have any idea that can help me out? Thanks a lot!!

Everytime I reload the page all the previous conversations popup despite closing them several times with the X or minimizing them

That is normal. Minimizing or closing the window does not delete the previous messages.
There is a separate option available inside the chatwindow to delete the messages.

>Everytime I reload the page all the previous conversations popup despite closing them several times with the X or minimizing them That is normal. Minimizing or closing the window does not delete the previous messages. There is a separate option available inside the chatwindow to delete the messages.

Hi Adesh,

Thanks for the reply,

What i mean is that after closing the chat window it reopens by itself every time there is a refresh of the page.

It is ok that the previous messages remain but I do not know why at every refresh of a page all message are popping up.

The popup used to appear only when opening a chat session.

let me know if you have an idea of what could be the problem
thanks a lot

Hi Adesh, Thanks for the reply, What i mean is that after closing the chat window it reopens by itself every time there is a refresh of the page. It is ok that the previous messages remain but I do not know why at every refresh of a page all message are popping up. The popup used to appear only when opening a chat session. let me know if you have an idea of what could be the problem thanks a lot

The state is saved using webStorage .

That problem may happen if you are using an old version of IE and have disabled cookies.

Can you provide us your website url + 2 test accounts ?

The state is saved using webStorage . That problem may happen if you are using an old version of IE **and** have disabled cookies. Can you provide us your website url + 2 test accounts ?

Hi Adesh,

Unfortunately the website is not accessible publicly at the moment.

I have tried from different browsers and different machines and the issue keeps appearing. I know it started from when I changed the comprofiler table.I have now tried clearing the cache and updating browser and incredibly the system seems to be stable again. This is on firefox 32.

I will give you more feedback if I notice the same issue again.

Thanks a lot for the support so far!

Hi Adesh, Unfortunately the website is not accessible publicly at the moment. I have tried from different browsers and different machines and the issue keeps appearing. I know it started from when I changed the comprofiler table.I have now tried clearing the cache and updating browser and incredibly the system seems to be stable again. This is on firefox 32. I will give you more feedback if I notice the same issue again. Thanks a lot for the support so far!
158
4
0
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft